Changing your name or adding a title?

Moderator: Support Moderators

jlf2n

Changing your name or adding a title?

Post by jlf2n »

Is it possible to add a title or something similar to your name?

Malaikat

Re: Changing your name or adding a title?

Post by Malaikat »

You can get a guild title. Other than that, just the title that shows in your paper doll.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Or if you get enough fame, you will receive the title "Lord".
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

jlf2n

Post by jlf2n »

ahh sweet. So right now my name is Josh, but if I get enough fame I'll be Lord Josh?

And any ideas on how to gain fame besides killing monsters? I know the kidnap rescues give a good amount of fame. But what else?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Rescuing kidnaped NPC will only give you so much fame. You'll only get the Lord title by killing high end monsters and/or high fame players...but they need to be REALLY high famed players!!

Some of the mobs that will get you to the Lord title include: Balrons, Blood Ele's, EG's, LL's, AW and Deamons. Not sure if Dragons or OL's will get you to Lord.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Killing high-famed players isn't even worth discussing. I killed a glorious lord and gained something like 67 fame points. That's well under what you get for killing even one Blood Elemental.

When I was going for fame, I stuck to two major spots... one was the Efreet in T2A, which spawns in its own room. It's easy to drop an Energy Vortex in there and let it take out an efreet or two. I think they will take you to 8,000 or so fame (10,000 is "Lord" and 15,000 is max). Then I went to the Ice Fiend room in the ice dungeon to get all the way up to 15,000. Two of them spawn in there, they're relatively weak to Energy Vortex, the PK threat is minimal. Just remember you always get the fame from killing a monster with an energy bolt (even if your EV did 90% of the damage). I've found sometimes I did not gain fame if the EV killed the monster, and sometimes I did. I think it depended on whether or not it was the EV or its poison that killed the monster. So to be safe, wait until the ice fiend gets low on health and just chuck an energy bolt at it.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Forgot about t2a mobs. Yeah, Ice fiends and WW's will also get you to Lord. WW's are also quite easy, just drop the first, and they will most likely spawn on the ledge, you can drop an EV (or two) from below, and, as Mikel said, get in the killing shot.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Instant fame (even a crafter can do it):

Buy 30 WW/Dragons from a source such as the Llama Shop or other various player(s).

Put them on the second floor of a two story building outside guardzone, on the same tile.

Stand on the floor below and toss purple potions under them until they are all dead.

You are now Lord/Lady, and it only cost you about 60k in gold, rather than 5 hours of time.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Plus the cost of the two story...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

I've got to say Matron certainly has a very interesting way of thinking. :lol:

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I like Matron's Idea for getting my crafter a Lord title.

Its not like 60k is a big deal after a while, a lot easier to raise than bringing a blacksmith/carpenter/tinkerer/tailor into the dungeons.

I'll have to try it some day.
Catskills 97-99

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Is 30 drags really enough to get the lord title? I know when I'm killing deamons to get the lord title, I make roughly 100k before hitting lord. That suggests it would take around 200 deamons, which have more fame than dragons.

If you want a method for getting the lord title quickly (for an established player), take 2 accounts to Hedge deamons. One character bards/EQs and the other character finishes off with an ebolt. I managed to get the lord title in about 90 minutes there on my PK (and made a hefty sum of gold). You can use a variety of methods to finish off the deamons for that fame, it doesn't have to be magery.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “New Player Help”