Terathan Keep "Outside and Inside"

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
lemontree

Terathan Keep "Outside and Inside"

Post by lemontree »

Seem the spawn isn't accurate at the keep.
I remember when T2A was introduced there were lots of new comer exploring and camping all these terathan warrior outside of the keep... since it drop lot of magical weapons. Some player might even go into the keep, but now it seems the terathan avenger roaming around the area and run nearly as fast as a balron. I mean the terathan warrior spawn is too few to be compared with the original OSI pass era. :(

-Tea

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Terathan Keep "Outside and Inside"

Post by MatronDeWinter »

All dungeons have way less spawn than they should. Almost nobody went to Despise or Hythloth because you would get swarmed by orcs or rats. Though, the buildup on OSI was due to people not clearing them out, still the spawn system on uosa is incorrect in that there seems to be a set number of monsters.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

MatronDeWinter wrote:All dungeons have way less spawn than they should. Almost nobody went to Despise or Hythloth because you would get swarmed by orcs or rats. Though, the buildup on OSI was due to people not clearing them out, still the spawn system on uosa is incorrect in that there seems to be a set number of monsters.
I also remember Covetous 2 being a horrible death trap of giant serpents, as well as Covetous 3/4/5 (whatever you want to call it)'s Torture chamber
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Solaric

Post by Solaric »

Fire Dungeon lower level is about half correct.

The Efreet room is correct.
The Orc house is correct.
The Mages is correct.
The small house is the middle had no huge trash spawn like it is now there were only about 8 total trash spawn in the lower level and the house itself had two demons that spawned in it.

The other small house/room in the Southeast had NO trash spawn in the room and had one liche lord and 3 liches.

The hell hounds, hell cats, predator hellcats, lava lizards are right but the other yard trash should total no more than 8 total spawns for the whole level for a collection of slime, jwilsons, serpents, snakes and rats. This was a fire dungeon for random spawn other than this very small collection on the bottom level.

lemontree

Post by lemontree »

Take a Look.
Attachments
Look at all these drones! There are 4-5 more drones around which is stuck. There weren't that many drones in the T2A Era. :3
Look at all these drones! There are 4-5 more drones around which is stuck. There weren't that many drones in the T2A Era. :3
A better view
A better view

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

In t2a people sat on that ledge in your picture and provoked 2 avengers that spawned right in front.

lemontree

Post by lemontree »

MatronDeWinter wrote:In t2a people sat on that ledge in your picture and provoked 2 avengers that spawned right in front.
After I gathered all those drones and killing all the warriors and avenger; there weren't any spawns left not even avenger or anything. I assumed they have placed a terathan group spawn point.... which makes them spawn randomly. The whole place were emptied (stayed there looking at every single spot for 30 minutes)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I remember spending a lot of time dexxing the terathan warriors cause they dropped a magic weapon every single time. That outside keep was covered in players all the time and there was plenty of mobs to go around.
But my memory is weak.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

BlackFoot wrote:I remember spending a lot of time dexxing the terathan warriors cause they dropped a magic weapon every single time. That outside keep was covered in players all the time and there was plenty of mobs to go around.
But my memory is weak.
I agree with you here. There were always people there and there was never any down time waiting for things to spawn. I just remember most clearly the barding of the 2 avengers, which don't even seem to spawn here I think (but I dont really go there so Idk about uosa).

lemontree

Post by lemontree »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:I remember spending a lot of time dexxing the terathan warriors cause they dropped a magic weapon every single time. That outside keep was covered in players all the time and there was plenty of mobs to go around.
But my memory is weak.
I agree with you here. There were always people there and there was never any down time waiting for things to spawn. I just remember most clearly the barding of the 2 avengers, which don't even seem to spawn here I think (but I dont really go there so Idk about uosa).
I can clearly remember there were no avengers outside of the keep. It was only filled with warriors and drones.

morganm

Post by morganm »

While I do advocate accurate spawns... lets not go lobbying for the addition of yet more slimes, giant serps, snakes, scorpions and other trash mobs with poison that don't even drop enough gold to cover the cost of killing them.

Lets focus on making worthwhile spawns accurate first =) Worry about the trash spawns last.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

morganm wrote:While I do advocate accurate spawns... lets not go lobbying for the addition of yet more slimes, giant serps, snakes, scorpions and other trash mobs with poison that don't even drop enough gold to cover the cost of killing them.

Lets focus on making worthwhile spawns accurate first =) Worry about the trash spawns last.
Not terathan keep related but I would like to see Hart Isle outside of Trinsic have less mongbats and more leather producing animals, as it did back in the day.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

morganm wrote:While I do advocate accurate spawns... lets not go lobbying for the addition of yet more slimes, giant serps, snakes, scorpions and other trash mobs with poison that don't even drop enough gold to cover the cost of killing them.

I disagree. Either be accurate about it or make no changes at all. With the good comes the bad, navigating dozens of snakes and orcs in hythloth was a big part in farming the other worthwhile monsters.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

But my memory is weak.
I remember the same, there was a regular crowd outside and inside the lair pretty consistently on atlantic, with just as many warriors as drones. Don't remember seeing too many bards back then, most people were killing avengers with magery from the ledge. As soon as they nerfed the loot on warriors it became a ghost town

morganm

Post by morganm »

MatronDeWinter wrote:

I disagree. Either be accurate about it or make no changes at all. With the good comes the bad, navigating dozens of snakes and orcs in hythloth was a big part in farming the other worthwhile monsters.
I don't think we are disagreeing at all.... I'm saying prioritize it... lets make the good, accurate, changes first...