mage/acher or tank mage

Moderator: Support Moderators

Snip

mage/acher or tank mage

Post by Snip »

I don't know if this the right section to ask it butt i saw here also a couple of questions and ditn't see a queston part of the forum. I am new on this shard and just started a few days ago here. after allot of problems getting my client up and running (got vista...) i finaly got my first char here (a parry dexer) and i am saving up for my new char a mage, butt i am wondering if it's any good here a archer mage (magery, Eval, med, res spels, wrestling, tactics, archery)
Or just go with mage with swordmanschip/macefighting??

Thanks in advice.

akeba

Re: mage/acher or tank mage

Post by akeba »

I think you might have been better off asking this in the discussion section, but I'll answer it for you. My main character is an archer/mage, and while it is a lot of fun for the initial dump (explosion, pre-cast eb, hvy xbow shot, cast eb) the weapon timers for archery SUCK...

The basic problem is that if you re-equip a bow of any kind, and your weapon timer has not yet reset, it starts over. This makes things difficult while PvPing, because weapon timers don't count down while moving (timers with 25 dex: hvy xbow - 12 seconds, xbow - 6.67 seconds, bow - 6 seconds). If your timer does reset, there is also the possibility that you will attack via wrestling if the target comes into melee range, and you will have to wait for that timer to reset before you equip a bow, lest you have to wait the full bow/xbow timer instead of the 2.4 second wrestling timer.

However, if you can work around all of these issues, a hvy xbow combo is the most highly damaging combo.. but if your target has any resist, odds are you still won't one-shot them.. even with a vanq hvy xbow.

Standard hally-based tankmages don't have to deal with this weapon timer issue, since the melee weapon timers continue to count down even if you equip the weapon before it has reset.

Sorry if this is confusing!

Snip

Post by Snip »

Okay i understand now.
I think i am going for the halb mage then, are there any other popular templates on this shard/T2A??
Thanks allot Akeba for explaining it.

akeba

Post by akeba »

For PvP not really.. tankmage is number one.. its just a matter of which weapon skill you go with.

A good dexxer is scary too, but with the latest updates to healing/combat they are becoming less scary ;)

Another fun template in open-field PvP is a thug-thief (ala chumbucket).. but I think this template will become less useful in the near future.

StDrahcir

Post by StDrahcir »

akeba wrote:Standard hally-based tankmages don't have to deal with this weapon timer issue, since the melee weapon timers continue to count down even if you equip the weapon before it has reset.

Sorry if this is confusing!
Why is archery setup that way? A weapon is a weapon. Is that era specific? Or is it because of the really low dex that causes the problem? But, shouldn't the really low dex cause an issue with hally too? Reason I ask is because it doesn't quite seem right to me that archery gets the boot like that.
Tanque / Chinchilla (crafter) / St Drahcir - (ingame characters)

akeba

Post by akeba »

StDrahcir wrote:Why is archery setup that way? A weapon is a weapon. Is that era specific? Or is it because of the really low dex that causes the problem? But, shouldn't the really low dex cause an issue with hally too? Reason I ask is because it doesn't quite seem right to me that archery gets the boot like that.
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2297

Era specific from patch notes.

Its not low dex, just that archery weps were treated differently than melee weps. Takes a bit more skill to consistently fire a bow while also casting spells.

In part archery got focused by the nerf bat because it was so overpowered prior to T2A.

Kei Takahashi

Post by Kei Takahashi »

Very interesting ... anyone have a bookmark to where the exact timers for all weapons are so i can have a visual of whats going on with the equip/de-equip timer strategy?

much appreciated

venox

Post by venox »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... apon_Skill
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Weapon
check your weapon speed and check is vs the table under weapon skill

Return to “New Player Help”