Energy Vortex Smash!

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Energy Vortex Smash!

Post by Roser »

EV's are breaking "breakable items" in a 9 tile radius opposed to a 1 tile radius as they used to.

This means if you have unlocked chests sitting on top of a locked chest it will no longer prevent the EV from smashing your unlocked chests.

This has caused a a lot of players (esp new players) massive headaches, and has destroyed many homes.

Please fix, this is a very heinous bug.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Energy Vortex Smash!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

9 tiles!?

I thought the problem was that they broke items next to them, rather than breaking non-locked-down items as they moved over it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This sounds relatively heinous; I haven't been able to reproduce this. What was the set-up?

Please PM if this is exploitable.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I should have been more specific. It seems the EV breaks anything 1 tile in front of whatever direction its currently heading.

Tables are locked down.

Evil pk...

Smashed boxes, copper keys remain.

I'm having waking nightmares of someone sneaking in my tower and tossing an EV behind my barriers to destroy all of my leet organizing work :|

Don't get any ideas Matron....

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Gotcha, the 9 tiles surrounding, not nine tiles away. Yes, all creatures do this who have the strength to smash things. They if they cannot move to a tile, they will attempt to smash the stuff in their way to get there. This is absolutely a concern for house owners who leave decoration unlocked. It is good advice to lock down items so they cannot be smashed; and to keep your front door locked, and any open areas outside onto which a EV or BS could be cast barricaded.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Energy Vortex's/Blade Spirit's did not function this way before some of the more recent patches to them (around the time of the LOS changes). I know this because I once had an excellent anti grief system worked out in my treasure room's. I also have extensive experience in EV'ing peoples houses.. lol.

Locking one impassable object down on the same tile as other objects prevented anything on that tile from being smashed, so long as the locked down item was not above the EV's head, in which case it would go right under the locked object and smash anything on that tile.

Was there a specific patch note or piece of evidence that inspired this change?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I believe the change happened when the EV strength was adjusted back up. They had this ability for long after we opened, in a later patch (the one that adjusted all NPC/Monster stats based on OSI templates) their strength was lowered. It was later (shortly i belive) adjusted upward based on other information. I don't recall the time frame, i'd have to review the patch notes but I belive this was some time ago. Other strong monsters have always retained the ability to smash these items. The ability for EV's and Blade Spirits to do it (And i don't think even all of them, these creatures were on the fence I think in terms of strength) was only compromised for what i recall as a brief period.