Stat loss

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ImaNewbie

Stat loss

Post by ImaNewbie »

Hello everyone,

I have been playing for about one month here, and so far I had a really good time here. This server is great, really. Lot of fun, lot of people, etc.

But here is something I don't understand: stat loss.

For people that enjoy playing one single character instead of having 234125252 mules for everything, and who actually likes to play as a murderer, this stat loss can be a real PAIN in the ass.

There are TONS of ways to die in UO, you can had a lot more once you're red and a possible target to anyone crossing your path.

Stat loss prevents red players from playing, considering the hardcore style of play a pk encounters, we shouldn't have something added to make it more difficult.

Stat loss could be something easier than that. Make the kill ratio decrease faster, I don't know. But this is just a waste of time for most red people.

My 2 cents.
making your own forum avatar/banner using Adobe CS5. Cheap and Fast delivery, pm me for details.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stat loss

Post by BobDobbs »

Blues are told to hunt in groups to avoid death, I think the same should probably apply to reds.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

ImaNewbie

Post by ImaNewbie »

I'm not talking about the risk of dying.

What happens to a blue if he dies by another player? Getting looted, having to run back to town, aight. For a red it's about the same thing, exept it'll be chaos shrine and a couple of days to wait for stat loss to wear off.

Let's get back on the topic, the discussion is not about not getting killed. It's about not being abble to play because of stat loss.
making your own forum avatar/banner using Adobe CS5. Cheap and Fast delivery, pm me for details.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Nonsense, you would not suffer from stat loss unless you've died. Being a murderer does not reduce your ability to play the game, only dying as a murderer. Its up to you to ensure you don't die.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

ImaNewbie

Post by ImaNewbie »

First, it does reduce your ability to play the game:
How do you buy regs/horses unless you get to a player vendor with regs or use an other account to get you a ride? Are you abble to walk freely in town? No.
Are you abble to rez to any healers in the world? No.

I must point out that I'm not bitching at those things that makes it harder (and funnier) to play as a red. The only problem is the stat loss thing. It would still be as tough as before to be a red, you would still avoid dying more than anything because of the pain in the ass it is to rez only in bucc or chaos shrine, you just would'nt wait half a week or more to get back to life: which would make it a bit easier for red players.

Also, you cant be 100% sure that you wont die. Even if you get all the required stuff and shit, sometimes you crash, you lag, etc. So your point is not relevant I'm sorry.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

You have extra character slots available, this is not Siege. If you choose to hinder yourself that is not the fault of the game, that is a result of your choice to only play one character.
UOSA Last.fm group!

ImaNewbie

Post by ImaNewbie »

Again we are not talking about the possibility you have to play when your character is in stat loss but Stat loss itself.

You have to admit that stat loss is a pain in the ass for any red player. In what way does this thing contributes to an entertaining type of play? It does not.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Did you know stat loss existed when you created your first character?
UOSA Last.fm group!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Stat loss is exponentially easier on this type of shard than it was in 1999. I can't believe this is even a discussion.

In 1999, you had to macro something to avoid getting disconnected due to inactivity. Here, you don't.
In 1999, you had to pay for extra accounts to play on while your murderer macroed off counts. Here, you don't.
In 1999, you could only be logged in on one client at a time. Here, up to three.

ImaNewbie

Post by ImaNewbie »

BobDobbs wrote:Did you know stat loss existed when you created your first character?
Yes I did, are you implying that since I did know it existed I have to deal with it? If so it means you're going to accept anything because "you signed" ? This is a discussion.

There are people talking about adding Baracoon to the server, talk about era accuracy, so I don't see the problem talking about something already implented and that may bothers player's playing.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

ImaNewbie wrote:
Yes I did, are you implying that since I did know it existed I have to deal with it?.
I'm not implying it. That's exactly what I'm saying. You signed up for a shard with stat loss and you chose to go red on that shard.

Your difficulties are a direct result of your choices.
UOSA Last.fm group!

ImaNewbie

Post by ImaNewbie »

So you're willing to accept anything you find wrong and NEVER discuss about it just because you agreed in the first place? Are you an human being? :)

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Your premise relies on something being wrong.

There isn't.

What utterly absurd logic.
UOSA Last.fm group!

ImaNewbie

Post by ImaNewbie »

So you actually think it's totally right to not be abble to play a character you've worked on just because of something like stat loss?

I wanted to discuss about something I find to be more a pain in the ass than something to entertain, even though I doubt anything will change it, anyway let's not start a troll topic please :)

khamaileon

Post by khamaileon »

stat loss is just right as it is now.
a red as alredy too much ways to exploit our rules.