Best Solo farming areas?

Topics related to Second Age
Freeze

Best Solo farming areas?

Post by Freeze »

Need to make a quick 20K. What is the best area from me to make the money purely off the gold i receive from monsters. I dont have time for selling magic items.

Thanks for the help.

ImaNewbie

Re: Best Solo farming areas?

Post by ImaNewbie »

Drakes I guess?
making your own forum avatar/banner using Adobe CS5. Cheap and Fast delivery, pm me for details.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Shame has a room with 2-4 fire elementals in it. Very easy to kill, very easy to escape PKs due to all the ways to break LOS in that room. They drop 300+ gold each, gems, and ash. Scavenger agent can do all the looting for you. Any character should be able to take these down if you have offensive spells or physical attacks
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

rouss

Post by rouss »

i would do yew liches but theres a lot of traffic in area.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

BamBam
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BamBam »

For a bard/mage, I make about 30-40k an hour in destard off peak when not many people are on. Prime time its just too full of pks or other farmers

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I prefer one of three things because the liklihood of being PK'd is almost 0.

1.) Any wrestle/hide mage, casting EVs on the blood elemental in shame. Plenty of room to recall from pks if they even find you.

2.) The snow elementals on the land part of T2A ice dungeon entrance. NOBODY goes out there, ever, and its decent $.

3.) Archer with anat/tact/wreste/mage a heavy silver crossbow of force or greater, and any quick lich spawn. You might try the three in wind and then recall to the Yew lich and back. silver heavy destroys them and the gold-per-second rivals that of a tamer in trammel.

I almost never farm though.

khamaileon

Post by khamaileon »

for (1 to 2)
go to aw
drop an ev
loot the corpse
end for
recall to bank
loop

straight and simple,nice gold and nice items.but i like risk.

or get lp and start the circuit of the lvl4s.you will become rich without even noticing,and little risk (get hiding and stealthing too).boring,however

kwhiz73
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kwhiz73 »

"1.) Any wrestle/hide mage, casting EVs on the blood elemental in shame. Plenty of room to recall from pks if they even find you."

Why is it that my EV's refuse to attack the blood elemental even after I cast invis? This has been frustrating.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Get the EV to agro you, then kite it onto the monster you wish it to fight.

This is how I do it when I screw up the initial cast.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

The EV will only attack things it is directly adjacent to (except players, which it will go after from across the room). This is due to an EXTREMELY literal interpretation of a quote or two. But, if you let it go after you, and run past the monster, sometimes you can get it to switch to the monster when it gets near it and you're far enough away.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Just hang around weezys keep then loot it. he's the black hemperor.

khamaileon

Post by khamaileon »

aye,energy vortex is the most dangerous of all spells,for the person who cast it.many time it happened to me to go grey for that purple bugger attacking an innocent blue :P.
and if the noob dies the real damage is dealt :( (several days kicked from guild...)
if it target yourself,remeber this:the ev deal lp on contact.if a creature stumble upon it,lethal poison will be dealt.if a monster do this,he will than aggro the vortex,and the two start a fight.
also the vortex go in straight line directly towards you,so the key is putting a monster between you and the ev.when you first cast it,always target a square behind the monster you want to attack.
you------monster----ev;never never do you-----ev-monster,even if you cast it(or you think you are casting it) in direct contact with the monster.
if no monsters are available,and the purple poisonous thing is running towards you,you are left with 2 options.cast invisibility on yourself(or turn a corner and hide),or, better,dispell.i personally always cast dispel immediatly after casting the ev,and pick up its health bar(i dont want to miss the target),wheter it is attacking the right monster or not.this as a preventive misure,you know :).

Skullgrim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Skullgrim »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I prefer one of three things because the liklihood of being PK'd is almost 0.

1.) Any wrestle/hide mage, casting EVs on the blood elemental in shame. Plenty of room to recall from pks if they even find you.

2.) The snow elementals on the land part of T2A ice dungeon entrance. NOBODY goes out there, ever, and its decent $.

3.) Archer with anat/tact/wreste/mage a heavy silver crossbow of force or greater, and any quick lich spawn. You might try the three in wind and then recall to the Yew lich and back. silver heavy destroys them and the gold-per-second rivals that of a tamer in trammel.

I almost never farm though.
And I thought I was the only one that did the snow elementals

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Last edited by Mad Max on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If peacekeeping does indeed stop provocation now the trick of the trade to bards should be gather hoards of mobs in one area, provoke them and should a red appear peace them out and invisible...make sure to que the Benny Hill theme song after so doing. :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.