Suggestion to get uosa votes up.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Suggestion to get uosa votes up.

Post by BobDobbs »

BizzyBeast wrote:I'm going to de-rail every thread I can because UOSA doesn't give me what I think I deserve. Also boo hoo.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

BizzyBeast

Post by BizzyBeast »

BobDobbs wrote:Im pretty stoked that ive been a registered sex offender for close to 20 years now!
Whoa man, thats totally messed up. Quoting people is serious fun.

But for the topic at hand, stones saying WHORE out this shard.. Go against what the dude stands for and its embarrassing to even offer up ideas to do so.

If you like the shard, youd manually vote. Dont add non era specific things that DONT help the shard become more entertaining.

Its a waste of forum space to suggest it.

mdubb

Post by mdubb »

I've been playing T2A-style shards for longer than this place has existed, but I found it through pure dumb luck, because other, lesser ones were milking the vote systems on the top 100 sites, or stealing the top spots on Google results. The more people we bring in, the more it will be like the real thing. Even if those vote stones only result in 1 more person joining, it would help more toward making UOSA T2A accurate than seeing a stone sitting around hurts the accuracy. OSI shards usually had 1k-2k online, and few of them were ghost scouts, macroers, or 3rd accounts. More warm bodies = more accuracy.

Besides, things like this are era-accurate. When OSI wanted to promote an event, such as Clean up Britannia, they'd often send system messages, pop-ups, or have something lying around the bank you could click to promote it.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I'd be okay with a vote stone, heh.

We already have events how could this hurt?

Events hurt the population whenever they are happening(which is like always), so why not help balance out this issue?

Sometimes I log on and think "damn this server is dead" until I realize an event is going on = /

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

My personal observation is that this shard has a pretty healthy population. In my experience (Ive played many freeshards) theres one other shard out there that has a pop more active and diverse than this one. But Im sure we could always use more. So in the interest of keeping the game world clean, and still promoting the shard via vote sites,; id suggest linking the forums to those sites. It could be done in such a way that our first post/ of the day redirects us to 1 of 3 sites after we post? Not sure how difficult that is on these boards.

Eh just an idea anyway. I think promoting the shard on youtube is good as well.
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Good idea.

I think this would be harmless and would work great.

I'd still be in favor of some drastic thing like for every 250 votes you do, you get a silver...
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

DrFaustus wrote:Good idea.

I think this would be harmless and would work great.

I'd still be in favor of some drastic thing like for every 250 votes you do, you get a silver...
Not a bad idea at all, I mean it won't hurt the economy and it will definetly get people voting.

I think 100+ more people online a day easily outweighs any negative feelings about "omg it's not ACCURAT3!".

Our shard is so accurate that it would take a hell of a lot more than razor and a voting incentive to do anything to our position as the most accurate UO.