Mining

Moderator: Support Moderators

a Red Eminem

Mining

Post by a Red Eminem »

What is the most effective way to mine for ore?

-Method #1
Should you find an available spot to mine, and concentrate on that specific spot until "there is no metal here"?

Or

-Method #2
Should you find a spot, and randomly click around until all the metal is gone?

I have tried both methods of mining, and it seems that clicking in several spots yields more ore, and also a variety of colored ore. I'm unsure weather this is more effective because my skill has increased since using the first method, or that it truly is more efficient.

I also have found that when clicking in "random" spots, that when you alternate between two specific spots without moving, that you yield more ore.

If you have another method and would like to share, please post with instructions on how to do so.
a Red Eminem

Dashiva

Re: Mining

Post by Dashiva »

The ore, and any other resource for that matter, is determined in an 8x8 resource grid. The same grid people would use for skill gains.

As for how many hits you get out of it, I believe it has to do with how long it's been since last mined (not too sure). Also, when you dig and fail to pull ore from a resource node, it uses up a "charge", or "hit" whatever you call it. So, when you fail a lot, you can actucally get the "There is no metal to mine here" message without actucally mining any ore up.
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

a Red Eminem

Post by a Red Eminem »

How do you tell ho big the 8x8 grid is?
a Red Eminem

Dogs Of War

Post by Dogs Of War »

8 step by 8 step square :)

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

At what point do you stop getting mining gains from smelting ore? Is it any different for colored ore? Its been a LONG time since I played uo...

Return to “New Player Help”