Clan of the Dark Star Chronicles Episode 2: Provoking A War

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Clan of the Dark Star Chronicles Episode 2: Provoking A War

Post by Mad Max »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5st0b3l ... re=related
(open in new tab or window)

~Proking A War~

In the beginning stages of the Dark Star being reborn many sacrifices were required in order for it to take physical form. It is said in legend that it sleeps in a shell of thorns deep within the planet's core. It feeds off the hate and despair of the people of Sosaria. Growing more powerful in time, and more impatient as well. I continue on this quest to quicken the pace of its forthcoming.

With the wealth I have accumulated from my battles I purchased a tower from a humble aristocrat. It was a fine building indeed and the owner asked my why I had wanted to purchase it in the first place. The sun was falling to the north and soon enough the moon would rise, so we both knew the deal had to be closed soon. I simply told him the reasons were of my own and threw on the ground and extra bag of gold. He gave me a worried look and then casted a gate to town to deposit his gold.

As I stepped in the tower I walked up to the roof, already envisioning the stronghold that would wage my wars. The wind was blowing gently, by this time the light had faded. One by one, I see lanterns light up in a row of houses and buildings. I grinned to myself as I was overlooking the town of the Dungeon Guards. What a more perfect opportunity to start a fire that would hasten the landscape of the end.

It wouldn't take long before the Dungeon Guards to know of my presence. They were already fearful of me for killing their leader and some of their guildmates. Some were still ignorant to the fact that I manipulated and betrayed them. But all along I wanted them to know I was here, I invited the fear into the town. For it would be the heart of where the fire would start. I began to assemble the fortress, one of my followers Reaper payed me a visit.
1.JPG
1.JPG (65.77 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
As we conversed the guildmistress of the s3x guild stopped into the town. Which opened up the door for what would be a bloody battle this day. But before I get into that, I want to speak to you about the friction that was already there. There was a already a history between me and this guild, which did create some problems for me infiltrating the Dungeon Guard.

On my upcoming into these lands, I knew there would be many funds needed to wage my wars. I made Apoc, the guildmaster of the s3x guild, trust me and waited for the right time. As soon as he was foolish enough to leave his tower unsecured, I waited until they all passed out from drinking to much ale. I snuck in and got into the guilds armory, I took everything.
apoc2.JPG
apoc2.JPG (38.98 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
Getting Melryn to trust me was no hard task. With the ability of natural mimicry I could pass by as one of them without hesitation.
2.JPG
2.JPG (22.08 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
But no matter how much you may plan and scheme in this life there will always be the chance that something or someone will come along and mess it all up. What I did not calculate when I was infiltrating the Dungeon Guards was that Apoc was good friends with Melryn. As soon as he knew I was trying to get in he showed up at once in a wild frenzy. It was very hard for me to uphold my composure, I was terrified I would burst out with laughter. His clothes were all torn, as if he got attacked by some beast on the way there. He was foaming at the mouth with rage and I didn't even have a chance to speak. So I knew I had to play off as some kind of victim of his drunken rage. I told Melryn I had no reason to lie, and provoked Apoc into attacking me which made him look like more of a fool. I left Melryn to make his decision, as the lonely noble warrior with no guild. I knew then at that moment, with members of the s3x guild in DG that I could be the key to provoking a war.

So now, after DG was crippled and struggling to survive, the guildmistress of s3x paid the town a visit in front of my tower. A lucky lady she liked to call herself, but perhaps not so lucky on this day.
3.JPG
3.JPG (8.97 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
Mad Max_12-11_15.02.rpv
(36.82 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Within moments word had gotten to Apoc as he rallied his troops for war and gated into the town. Surrounding the tower, trying to break through the walls with magic, trying to pick the locks, trying to call me out. Reaper started to panic, calmly I threw him out the window, for I knew he would soon unlock the doors attempting to surrender.
4.JPG
4.JPG (69.43 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
Mad Max_12-11_15.05.rpv
(13.66 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Time went by as I was completely surrounded in my tower. As I geared for battle all I could do is remain calm and keep watch. Out of nowhere they all seem to of left urgently, as if they were being attacked elsewhere. An old guildmate of mine passed by and wished to speak with me inside my tower. He was a mage of sorts and was as gullible as they come. The one they call Lady Angel was warmed with my welcoming smile as she entered the tower. I trapped any means of escape and attacked immediately.
5.JPG
5.JPG (11.17 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
She managed to cast a spell which teleported her to somewhere outside of the tower. As soon as I gave chase Apoc returned assuming that Lady Angel would turn around and fight me as a team. For once Apoc was alone and without the aid of his followers. As Lady Angel soon fled all that remained was Apoc, drunk with rage. He was intent on paralyzing me but I would never fall for such simple magik. As I lunged at him with my spear he made a wild turn and fell off his mount. I whipped my mount around and struck my spear through the neck of the ostard.
6.JPG
6.JPG (29.28 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
Then as he panicked he tried to gate in his guild to come to his aid.
7.JPG
7.JPG (25.14 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
Last edited by Mad Max on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Clan of the Dark Star Chronicles Episode 2: Provoking A

Post by Mad Max »

But this time it would not work as always, as my spear ended his chant of magik.

8.JPG
8.JPG (20.7 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
Mad Max_12-11_15.15.rpv
(176.82 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Soon it was inevitable that a war was about to happen, and it did. Apoc's rage about me transferred into bloodlust against the Dungeon Guard. And thus a great war ensued with DG and s3x and all in between at the small humble town. Many died on the battlefield, a couple of them my own doing. Then I stood on the roof of my tower, and in the darkness I watched it all unfold. For after my part was done, violence was already brewing between s3x and DG.
9.JPG
9.JPG (84.15 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
10.JPG
10.JPG (133.71 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
There was a full moon that night. As I retired to tend to my wounds, I saw in the distance the town's tavern full of lights. I could hear glass shatter and random yelling. I sent a spy to listen as s3x and DG negotiated terms of peace.
11.jpg
11.jpg (103.34 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (104.54 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
13.jpg
13.jpg (104.65 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
14.jpg
14.jpg (111.14 KiB) Viewed 3765 times

Steady candlelight on an old wooden table. Books and pages and spellbooks scattered scattered on the floor. A broken crystal ball that cannot tell my future. Ghosts knocking on the steel doors, all is quiet and calm. I bandage my wounds with the full moon over my shoulder and my broken spear propped against the bookshelf. I then grab my hammer and head towards the forge and anvil to repair my armor. Clenching my fists over the fires of the forge I can feel the anger manifest itself under my control. It's going to be a long journey.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I heartily endorse this event, product, or tale.

PM #1:
Mad Max wrote:IF YOU DONT COMMENT ON MY NEW TALE OF ADVENTURE DARK STAR SAYING ITS AWESOME I WONT MAKE ANY MORE OF THEM!
PM #2 (sent one minute later):
Mad Max wrote:The people.. they follow you man if you say something nice in my thread they will follow you and say something good or bad!
PM #3 (sent two minute after #2):
Mad Max wrote:I know your the tale of adventure king but i want a taste of the glory to!

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

TY thats all i wanted!

Downs

Post by Downs »

tldr, but i enjoyed the colors in the pictures
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Last edited by Mad Max on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Another EPIC FAILURE by Josh Lee. The STD that keeps UOSA itching.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Too many journal shots.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Good news is Josh has already abandoned this failure of a guild, bad news is he has already started yet another disaster of a guild....Cult of Infernal Necromancy or some nonsense like that. Josh you are simply a failure at UO, please quit. If you insist on playing, please refrain from forming anymore guilds as no one is interested in joining them. Thanks, it's appreciated.

Lupos

Post by Lupos »

I've been busy with work for the last few days but I did hear that Max's bi-polar attention span had caused him to settle down temporarily into a puddle of drool.

I don't know what's going with the hamster that runs the wheel inside Max's skull but this whole plot-line has a striking resemblance to some all too familiar jap-rpgs, along with authentic grammatical and translational errors.

But hey, if his fickle attention span is directed at other shinier baubles then it means he's not our red-headed stepchild to belt and neglect and that makes me a sad panda.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Woo I'm in one of the shots, lol.

I didn't even realise Josh was killing DG at that stage, I just came to help kill S3X.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

nightshark wrote:Woo I'm in one of the shots, lol.

I didn't even realise Josh was killing DG at that stage, I just came to help kill S3X.
Haha yeah, they all went red the next day as well.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”