Teams on Events

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BloodyBandage

Teams on Events

Post by BloodyBandage »

Me and my friend switched teams a couple times depending on how many people there were on each team. Eventually we were the first two results for the brown team. Then the CTF event starts and I'm on Red and he's on Blue. I understand the need to randomize if people stack one two or three teams but they seemed even and we were the first two on the Brown Team. Does it take the last people to sign up to the team and move them or is it random? More fun to play with him than against ;p

Derrick

Re: Teams on Events

Post by Derrick »

It randomizes all the players and then sorts them by combat skills and shuffles them into teams. You guys had a 50% change of being on the same team you you both had all gm combat related skills. Players can always make better teams than a machine probably, as complex as the sorting algorithm is it's just a backup, players should always try to even the teams up themselves if possible.

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

50% with four teams? I like the randomized idea to keep it even but sucked we couldn't be on same team. Is it possible to randomize teams on the 3 on 3 if say 6 people don't have teammates it would just auto create teams for them? Have to be a salesman sometimes just to get a full team ;)

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

BloodyBandage wrote:50% with four teams? I like the randomized idea to keep it even but sucked we couldn't be on same team. Is it possible to randomize teams on the 3 on 3 if say 6 people don't have teammates it would just auto create teams for them? Have to be a salesman sometimes just to get a full team ;)
I agree completely with this statement. ALOT of people do not participate in these events due to people will not take them onto a team. (especially new players) are always left out.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

BloodyBandage wrote:50% with four teams?
no sorry, 25% in that case...

Yeah, we could groups the singles into teams of three, but some are still going to get it stuck to them if it doesn't come out even