Lockpicking + Cartography via Razor

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Dashiva

Lockpicking + Cartography via Razor

Post by Dashiva »

Due to the nature of lockpicking being a Item based skill, and cart being a 'use skill' based skill I figured i'd try my hand at combining them, in a semi-attended (watching TV) macro. Just for kicks, i'm going to give the disclaimer that i'm assuming you've made at least a basic macro before.

Let me just get right to it, and explain during/afterward.
I'll break it up into sections to make it easier.

Section #1 Picks the first box.
Double Click Lockpick (Converted DType)
Wait for target
Absolute target (box 1)
Pause (say 6 secs)

Section #2 Locks the first box, if it was picked.
if (SysMessage "the lock quickly yields")
Double Click Keyring (Converted DType)
Wait for target
Absolute Target (box 1)
End if

Section #3 Due to lag, server saves, or a variety of reasons the macro can become out of sync. If this happens and you try to pick an unlocked box, this will relock it to be correct on the next pass. (This makes the macro self-correcting, very important!)

if (SysMessage "this does not appear to be locked")
Double Click Keyring (Converted DType)
Wait for target
Absolute Target (box 1)
End if

Section #4 (edit: Thanks Purge)
Put in a 3-5ish second pause in for...

Section #5 Cartography.

if("Blank map count" >= 1)
UseSkill Cartography
Wait for Menu
menuResponse 4 (world maps for me)
End if

So, as you can see you can still use this macro if you don't want to do cartography, just don't have any blank maps on you. This also has the advantage of when you run out of blank maps, the macro won't go into it's extra long standby, letting the lockpick part perform at 100% if you arn't paying attention.
I usually leave it running, watch a show, then restock maps whenever I remember it.

PS, if you are wondering how I construct the macro, I will record in parts. For example I will record the lockpicking part. Stop. Insert the if and end ifs. Then while highlighted on the if, rightclick and select 'begin recording from here'. This way you can easily fill in what you'd like to do in a specific if block.
Last edited by Dashiva on Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Purge

Re: Lockpicking + Cartography via Razor

Post by Purge »

Like to put in that you can gm off two lockboxes... one gm lockbox and another made at 50

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

Yeah, I wasn't sure if there was the 'multi target' coding in place, but it seems that it's not.

On another note, it seems that Razor has trouble identifying the difference between a 'blank map' (which they explicitly specify in their macro), and a drawn map (this includes treasure maps!). This causes problems with the line
if("Blank map count" >= 1)
Though... oddly it has worked sometimes, just not consistantly, or I should say rarely.
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

kishih

Post by kishih »

I understood Razor identifies items by their image. And blank maps use the same image as T-maps or any other map.
To keep the macro working, rework section 5 to:

Section #5 Cartography.

UseSkill Cartography
If(SysMessage "bla bla bla") (replace "bla bla bla" with parts of the text you get when you don't have a blank map)
Else
Wait for Menu
menuResponse 4 (world maps for me)
End if
Characters: Kishih, Slimmerd, Billy, Marius
Once GM of 'Followers of the Silver Hand {FSH}' Europa shard

alatar

Post by alatar »

Purge wrote:Like to put in that you can gm off two lockboxes... one gm lockbox and another made at 50
You cannot GM Lockpicking from any player-made lockable box. You must use level 4 dungeon chests.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Anyone got a list of the level 4 chests that spawn across the lands? I'm having a hard time finding enough to get any significant skill gain.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Mor'Sereg

Post by Mor'Sereg »

Are there any dungeon chests that have more than 150 gold in them? I'm so use to shards that have 400+ gold in them that this 75-150 gold thing makes me not want to pick locks anymore.

shizzo

Post by shizzo »

where are some good places to get your last 5 points of lockpicking up? im more looking for fast skill gains not items or gold

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The hot spot to finally gm lockpicking (after using player-made boxes to get as high as you could), was the Trinsic Bank vault when I used to play Pacific. Not sure if it is spawning here, but theres lotsa boxes in there and there used to be about 480gp in each box.

conman

Post by conman »

Is this era correct that dungeon picking gives soooo little loot? I remember it being such a money making skill back in the day. are there any plans for it in the future here.

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

conman wrote:Is this era correct that dungeon picking gives soooo little loot? I remember it being such a money making skill back in the day. are there any plans for it in the future here.
I am interested in this as well.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Bump

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Nayee wrote:
conman wrote:Is this era correct that dungeon picking gives soooo little loot? I remember it being such a money making skill back in the day. are there any plans for it in the future here.
I am interested in this as well.
You probably should make another thread on that topic as the GMs probably arent going to look at a thread that is for newer players learning to utilize razor macros.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I've made around 250k from lockpicking in the last few weeks. That doesn't include the gold I spent on reagents, nor does it include the 150+ invis/teleport/magic reflect/wand of lightning/wand of gheal/etc. items that I haven't sold. And I'm not even trying to make money, I'm just trying to GM it so that I can pick Level 5 treasure map chests. I'm at 99.2 btw.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

that includes treasure maps though right?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.