Stealth/Snooping

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nlarose85

Stealth/Snooping

Post by nlarose85 »

I recently made a thief with stealth. I found it fun to stealth upon someone, and snoop them without them knowing. This was back when I played the original UO. I know you could stealth and snoop in T2A because you could stealth, and snoop when they implemented disarming someone with arms lore and wrestling. I never made a battle thief, just a server hopping thief in Buccs Den. I wanted to make a new one on this server being I haven't played UO in a long time. I just noticed a patch update where you can no longer snoop while in stealth. I think that should be changed in order to keep accuracy. It will make my thief not as fun since I planned on building him around the stealth, snoop, and steal tactic. Please consider. Also will you implement armslore/wrestling? I am pretty sure that was also in the T2A era if my memory serves me correctly.

Thank you.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Stealth/Snooping

Post by Mikel123 »

Your memory is very wrong, unfortunately. Not many people remember this aspect of snooping/stealth, but I'd imagine everyone remembers that Arms Lore/Wrestling was well past our era.

You have to stealth, then hide right next to them, then snoop.

nlarose85

Post by nlarose85 »

It is possible that you are correct on this, but I am pretty sure I could snoop while in stealth. It has been so long. I can't say I have a reasonable argument other than what I remember.

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

nlarose85 wrote:It is possible that you are correct on this, but I am pretty sure I could snoop while in stealth. It has been so long. I can't say I have a reasonable argument other than what I remember.
There's another thread posted recently that was discussing the snooping/stealth change.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24371

Patch notes from the target era say that: "Snooping will reveal you."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You could stealth and snoop almost through UO's entirety (well, once there was stealth etc). There was a very brief period of a couple of months where snooping revealed you while stealthed, and unfortunately that tiny little window is right at the end of this servers timeframe. Even more argument for a re-evaluated "window"...

You can tolerate it now, just re-hide first, but I generally disagree with this patch. It's obvious they changed their minds after implimenting it, there's even a talk with DD on the newsgroups in which he expresses the mistake and states that it will change back (which it did).