Mage NPCs offering to train strange skills

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
marmalade

Mage NPCs offering to train strange skills

Post by marmalade »

REPORTED ISSUE: List of skills trainable at mage NPCs is very strange.

ISSUE DETAILS: The mage NPCs (guildmasters) seem to train parrying, inscription, tactics, swords, macing and fencing. The regular mage NPCs (not guildmasters) only train inscription, which may be normal (?). They do not offer to train the traditional mage skills.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: All the mage shops I've visited, including ones in the Lost Lands seem to exhibit the same problem.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Ask a mage NPC to show what skills they offer to train.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Mage NPCs should offer to train meditation, magic resist, evaluating intelligence, wrestling and magery at a minimum. I'm not sure if they offer to train any others.

DATE REPORTED: December 4th 2010

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

EDIT: It seems they do infact train the mage skills, but they don't show them in the list of trainable skills if you have the skills in question trained already. As a result, asking for a list of trainable skills on my 7x mage presented me with a list of combat skills and inscription which is why i was confused

I'm still curious as to why they're offering to train combat skills however. Would be interested to know if this is intentional.
Last edited by marmalade on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Victor Horn

Re: Mage NPCs offering to train strange skills

Post by Victor Horn »

marmalade wrote:REPORTED ISSUE: List of skills trainable at mage NPCs is very strange.

ISSUE DETAILS: The mage NPCs (guildmasters) seem to train parrying, inscription, tactics, swords, macing and fencing. The regular mage NPCs (not guildmasters) only train inscription, which may be normal (?). They do not offer to train the traditional mage skills.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: All the mage shops I've visited, including ones in the Lost Lands seem to exhibit the same problem.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Ask a mage NPC to show what skills they offer to train.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Mage NPCs should offer to train meditation, magic resist, evaluating intelligence, wrestling and magery at a minimum. I'm not sure if they offer to train any others.

DATE REPORTED: December 4th 2010

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

I havent checked any other NPCs, there may be other issues. I'll have a look around and see if there's any other problems.
Yes I noticed this too, weird.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

NPC mage vendors were able to train all 7 of my tank mage skills...

NPCs obviously now have AI and have realised that pure magery doesn't work for NPvP.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Skullgrim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Skullgrim »

I also noticed the stable master in trinsic was able to train one of my new chars every skill, but crafting skills, stealth and magery. I don't remember them ever being that savvy. I didn't check to see if they would teach a skill they didn't list though.