Known griefers on Second Age?

Share stories and special moments with the community.
BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Known griefers on Second Age?

Post by BobDobbs »

Mikel123 wrote:You're mad, just own it.

Also, this thread should probably have been in Trash Talk to begin with, and definitely should be in there now.
Am I mad? No. You couldn't even PK my fisherman.

Do I think you're a griefer? Yes.

If you don't want to be considered a griefer, don't do the things you do on Kristen. Pretty simple.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Bob, clearly this has left a bad taste in your mouth. You imply I'm somehow trying to avoid your name-calling, yet I haven't actually denied anything you've said. Heck, I've given you the benefit of the doubt.

This is now the second time you've proactively brought up the (one?) time I tried to PK you. And once again, you've resorted to trash talking, as though I'd somehow be embarrassed that you hit your Recall button before I could run around a corner and reach you. My hunch is, you're not the first fisherman I've failed to kill, and you're probably not the last. I honestly feel bad that this has bothered you enough to continuously bring up in IRC and on the forums here.

I tried to crack a couple jokes and let you know it was all in fun, but you seem to be missing that. So why don't we just set each other to Ignore, and get on with life?

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

I don't like griefers that hide behind blues. Nothing more, nothing less and it isn't personal. If you hadn't responded to my initial post in this thread, it would have been my only one.
Last edited by BobDobbs on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

I like both of you. Do I have to choose sides?
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

applejack wrote:I like both of you. Do I have to choose sides?
Nope. I have nothing against Mikel personally, only his actions in game. Nothing more, nothing less.
UOSA Last.fm group!

Sir Rellik

Post by Sir Rellik »

Ahhhhhh so Mikel is Kristen!
Been wondering that for a while now :)

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Cmon guys, be mature about this. Go to Britain Graveyard and settle this dispute in a friendly, civil way.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

I'm curious as to what some of you define as a griefer. Having witnessed Cryo's wyrm bomb firsthand earlier this year, I found it rather awesome and lol-tacular.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I feel like dragons would work better, but unfortunately there are a lot of very very easy ways to tame wyrms without much risk.

And yeah, the entire premise of this thread is kind of wonky. Some guy is just happy he survived a wyrm bomb and wanted to brag about it.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

The list of known griefers is waaaaaay too long to post on this thread as it is comprised of 90% of the shard's population.

It'd be easier to come up with a list of known non-griefers.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Pirul wrote:The list of known griefers is waaaaaay too long to post on this thread as it is comprised of 90% of the shard's population.

It'd be easier to come up with a list of known non-griefers.
Here is a list of the current known griefers online:
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Mikel123 wrote:I feel like dragons would work better, but unfortunately there are a lot of very very easy ways to tame wyrms without much risk.

And yeah, the entire premise of this thread is kind of wonky. Some guy is just happy he survived a wyrm bomb and wanted to brag about it.
Kinda hard to brag about surviving something that I was never a target of. Cryo wasn't attacking me, I was just a spectator.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I don't think that you guys understand the difference between grief and play.

As a general rule, if your opponent walks away with ANY of your things, you were NOT griefed.

If your opponent walks away with nothing, but you provoked the offense, you were NOT griefed.

If you suffered any type of loss, which would hinder your future play, this includes house-killing reds in statloss, and the slaying of your pets, you were NOT griefed.

Stealing is not griefing, house looting is not griefing, gating to banks and killing people that walk in is NOT griefing. Most of these situations you can avoid entirely anyway.

A "griefer" has nothing to gain. He might follow you around spouting racial obscenities while trying to block your newly ressed self with wall of stone. He PK's your bank macroer even though you were clearly restocking from the bank and had nothing to lose. He deadly poisons newbies at the Sweet Dreams Inn for fun, and Flamestrikes your pack horse in Delucia, even though there is no chance of looting the corpse in the guardzone.

Someone griefing you is hindering your playing experience, unprovoked, for absolutely no gain, and is unavoidable by you. If you can leave the situation, but remain and cry grief, you are only griefing yourself.

If stealing, looting, and killing are that frustrating to you, then you have no business playing on the Felucca facet of the shard. Maybe you should try the hourly events like Sandro instead.

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

You make it sound as if whatever bad fortune befalls you in Ultima is fair game and you just have to live with it. Most MMO players of this day and age would throw a fit if this is the kind of game they had to play. Their hair would explode.