Mount Stamina

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Tylor

Mount Stamina

Post by Tylor »

So, what's the official thought on this? Currently you can't even run on your mount across town without the damn thing running out of stamina, is that correct?! I don't remember it being THAT bad, and how come "all follow me" command doesn't work? That wasn't in late T2A era? I thought it was... Just wondering, thanks.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mount Stamina

Post by OhSnap »

The official thought (AFAIK) is that this is how it works in the demo, and there is no evidence to believe that it was changed between then and during our time frame. So unless any evidence proves otherwise, we're stuck with it. It really isn't that bad, you'll get used to it. And what do you mean the "all follow me" command doesn't work? Do you mean the bug to refresh a mount's stamina by saying "all follow me"? Both the bug & command definitely work here (since it is an era-accurate bug). Remember, you must be off your mount in order for that command/bug to take effect. A little tip: after you have told the mount to follow you once, you only need to get off the mount and hop back on without saying it again in order for its stamina to be refreshed. Hope this helps!

Tylor

Post by Tylor »

Thanks OhSnap!

Glad to be part of the server and you answered my questions!! I just brought 7 of my real life friends here 3 days ago for some fun, half of the guys have never played UO and they are enjoying it so far! :) One of them got murdered by a PK last night and he was screaming into vent like a little girl lol. We've always talked about UO but they never understood what it was like lol.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Tylor, welcome to UOSA!!

Glad to hear you and your friends are having a good time, be sure to check the forums often, as there is a huge amount of information here. Also, jump on IRC if you have any questions, most people will gladly help you out.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

It was like this up until mount stamina was changed around publish 16 or some time around there. It wasn't as noticeable back in T2A due to (generally) slower connections, but I definitely felt it during UO:R when my superior pings allowed me to run at the client capped speed.

Keep in mind that mount stamina is also affected by the amount of weight you are holding, so it is helpful to try and keep your weight low. If you don't know the trick already, you can refresh your mount stamina to full by the following trick:

-Get your mount into follow mode (by telling it to follow you - must be dismounted while doing this).
-Every time you dismount your horse after this, your horse's stam will be refreshed to full, as long as the horse is still in follow mode.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Tylor

Post by Tylor »

Okay great, thanks guys!