Nothing to steal from town chests

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ignignokt

Nothing to steal from town chests

Post by Ignignokt »

There's nothing to steal in town chests and many of them cant be lock picked open or unlocked magically. I only found 2 boxes in Vespar that i could open and steal from.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Nothing to steal from town chests

Post by Kelektra »

There are plenty of towns chests you can take stuff from. Your lockpicking isnt high enough if you are failing.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

Even when you find boxes to unlock (Brit has dozens) there isn't much stuff in them. The reason is because there is zero risk. That's also why the AW chest has 300+gp, 5+ gems, 5+ magic items/weapons and 20+ regs. 8)

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

This is something I noticed as well. I use to use my thief in Serps a lot in T2A getting wire, forged metal, and something else I can't remember off the top of my head. The chests there now are all empty.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

I can't vouch for the time accuracy aspect, but I remember the provisioners shop in britain being filled with pickable crates which spawned food items (bananas, coconuts, etc.) that had to be stolen. I too have gone around most towns looking for stuff in these chests but none seem worth it except some inn's which have gems and gold in the lock boxes. To be fair though the boxes are very easy to pick in town

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

I've been taking my lockpicker around a lot more lately and checking out strongboxes/crates/chests in towns and one thing I've found is I don't have to actually STEAL anything.. I might have my eras mixed up but I'm pretty sure I remember having to actually steal certain items from containers.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Arkon wrote:I've been taking my lockpicker around a lot more lately and checking out strongboxes/crates/chests in towns and one thing I've found is I don't have to actually STEAL anything.. I might have my eras mixed up but I'm pretty sure I remember having to actually steal certain items from containers.
Items that require you to steal do exist, but it's a tiny minority it seems

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, there should be more items and they should be stealable. We plan to do a proper implementation of this. Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kith
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kith »

the chests etc on this shard are consistently 'harvested' but i'm not one to complain about more loot :)
Kith-Mart - Save Money. Live Better.
Brokers of Britannia [B*B]
Kith's Real Estate Mediation Services (KREMS)

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

On Pacific in Moonglow Provisoners there was a magic halberd in one of the barrels that weighed 14400 stones. It was obviously unstealable. Kinda weird though, maybe left over from some seer event?
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Libby

Post by Libby »

Derrick wrote:Aye, there should be more items and they should be stealable. We plan to do a proper implementation of this. Thanks!
If you need an assist, let me know. I have a list from the T2A era of the places my "decor acquisitions artist" (crate thief) would hit and what spawned there.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Libby wrote:If you need an assist, let me know. I have a list from the T2A era of the places my "decor acquisitions artist" (crate thief) would hit and what spawned there.
If there is an assist, it should be made public as to have a level playing field ;)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I picked every chest in every town and in two days had enough for a small house and enough town "rares" that it got just plain silly.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I picked every chest in every town and in two days had enough for a small house and enough town "rares" that it got just plain silly.
I've been using my lockpicker the past few days and haven't found much of worth at all.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Well I had remove trap on him too which made looting chests easy since I didn't have to cast every time I wanted to pop a lock. I kept moongating and cycling through the cities non-stop.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.