"That is secure" but it's not a secure container

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

"That is secure" but it's not a secure container

Post by Mikel123 »

REPORTED ISSUE: Certain containers are unable to be opened and I get the message "That is secure." But, they are merely lockdowns.

ISSUE DETAILS: Owner of a house locks down a chest and fills it with stuff. Alternate character on that account, who is not a co-owner as he owns his own house, cannot access this chest (but can access other chests). Additionally, a co-owner on another account cannot open it either. The chest in question is currently filled with more than 425 stones. The chest is ID 0x401F640D (I think).

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: in my house.

STEPS TO RECREATE:

EXPECTED RESULTS:

DATE REPORTED: 11/17

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Derrick

Re: "That is secure" but it's not a secure container

Post by Derrick »

Thanks, the message is in error, it should say "I cannot reach that"
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I didn't understand why you'd say that, and then I saw your reply in the other post that said this:
Derrick wrote:Footstools are an interesting item, they are flagged as surfaces, and as such you can walk on them. They behave as floors, so if they are on top of your cloth, the cloth is essentially under a floor; you will not be able to reach it. You should be able to see the cloth, footstools do not block like of sight, but you will not be able to actually pick it up.
And sure enough, because of my anal-retentiveness, the chest in question houses footstools, and so I locked down a footstool on top of it to signify that. Never ever ever would have guessed this on my own. Thanks!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, thanks for copying that over, it's been a little rought keeping up.

This issue is related as well: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24063
as the tops of tower walls are currently surfaces, and should not be.

This should all be fixed in the morn.

Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."