Would a healer mage hold its own vs a hally mage?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Drywall8

Would a healer mage hold its own vs a hally mage?

Post by Drywall8 »

I am working on a mage and i dont really want to be a tank mage like most people are on the server but i would still like to compete in pvp.

I was trying to think about how to be able to fight a hally mage with a pure mage template and what i could add to make up for the loss of swords and tactics.

Would a template like this work.
Magery
Eval int
Resist
Med
Wrestling
Healing
Anatomy

The idea being to run a healing macro in the background that cycles every 15-18 sec depending on if im poisoned. ( i know how to make one i dont have to mess with that tells if im poisoned or not that runs constantly if damaged at all)

With the added healing would i be able to use the mana saved on heals to nuke a hally mage to death or is that just not going to happen in this erra. Are there any other options out there maybe a parry mage that unequips the shield to cast.

KydVicious

Re: Would a healer mage hold its own vs a hally mage?

Post by KydVicious »

Drywall8 wrote:I am working on a mage and i dont really want to be a tank mage like most people are on the server but i would still like to compete in pvp.

I was trying to think about how to be able to fight a hally mage with a pure mage template and what i could add to make up for the loss of swords and tactics.

Would a template like this work.
Magery
Eval int
Resist
Med
Wrestling
Healing
Anatomy

The idea being to run a healing macro in the background that cycles every 15-18 sec depending on if im poisoned. ( i know how to make one i dont have to mess with that tells if im poisoned or not that runs constantly if damaged at all)

With the added healing would i be able to use the mana saved on heals to nuke a hally mage to death or is that just not going to happen in this erra. Are there any other options out there maybe a parry mage that unequips the shield to cast.
The answer is no, to have any chance of actually killing someone you're going to have to use a weapon

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Short answer, no.

You might get away with it fighting someone who has no clue what they're doing, but vs 95% of the PvP population here it just won't happen. Plus you're not gonna save THAT much mana, if any, really. Taking hally/ebolt combos as often as they occur you're still going to end up having to heal yourself via spells predominantly as bandage application in most situations just takes way too long.

I too also wanted to steer away from the cookie-cutter tank mage: Wrestle, Eval, Magery, Med, Swords, Tactics, Resist and have tried various templates and one I've found that works really well (especially in CtF) is an Anatomy Tank, simply swapping wrestle for anatomy. Given it's not too different from the typical template but it is different in playstyle due to a lack of wrestle you need to try to keep yourself armed to avoid hally hits. This template (from personal experience) is stronger in the field when you have back up, not necessarily in 1v1 situations.

Could also try a take on a med or eval dexxer hybrid. Good luck.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Halberds can hit for well over 50 HPs for tank mages, and there's no standing still casting time needed for them.

No one is going to stand still long enough for you to do 100 damage to them. It would generally take at least 4 level six spells.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

a pure mage is worthless in the T2A era outside of group fights, in which you would just be synching anyways..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Return to “New Player Help”