Murderers and O/C

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
SighelmofWyrmgard

Murderers and O/C

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I have wondered about this for a little while:

Before the Guild System, any Order/Chaos Guard who became a murderer would lose his shield, immediately upon attempting to equip it: *poof*, no more Order/Chaos Guard. I remember this, and forum-discussion of this, quite distinctly, pre-era.

The earliest Wayback reference I can find that addresses the issue is, unfortunately, Summer 2000: Murderers can not join O/C guilds, period; O/C guildmembers who become murderers are immediately kicked from their guild, period.

I have only extremely-hazy memories (mostly, half-remembered gripes in forum) that insist that this also was indeed true during our era; recall that I did not play UO:R at all, not a single nanosecond.

Would some kind person(s) please enlighten me?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Murderers and O/C

Post by fox_phyre »

This was the last change here regarding O/C I have found, it doesn't say anything about shields though viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14664
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

SighelmofWyrmgard

Thanks for the pointer.

So, the murderers in O/C guilds that I see courtesy of myUOSA are "grandfathered" ones; I don't exactly agree with this, but at least I now understand something that had caused me a little confusion.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Thanks for the pointer.

So, the murderers in O/C guilds that I see courtesy of myUOSA are "grandfathered" ones; I don't exactly agree with this, but at least I now understand something that had caused me a little confusion.

SS
Aye, and it's been a while too, I'm surprised there are many left. They are grandfathered as long as they are not reported again, in that case they will be kicked. We did not want to overturn guilds by kicking out all reds when we made this change, and many O/C guilds even had red leaders as the time.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

SighelmofWyrmgard

Yes, I see.

While I find it a little "distressing" to see Murderers listed among the rosters of these "moral champions", it would be unfair to penalize players; denying "active" Murdering is, I feel, a perfectly-acceptable compromise.

Anyhooo, now I know I'm not (completely) insane.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS