What tmaps do liches drop?

Post by Mad Max »

What tmaps do liches drop? Thanks.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What tmaps do liches drop?

Post by Jill Stihl »

Level 1 or level 3 according to the table here - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Treasure_maps
Last edited by Jill Stihl on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

lvl 1 or lvl 3...kinda random.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I've tried arguing that. Given that 95% of monsters were well-known to drop only one level of t-maps, it seems odd. And especially odd that there'd be a split like that.

On a Groups archive I ran across someone who found differing t-maps on a certain monster and someone else explained it might have been the case that the monster looted a t-map from another dead monster. Certainly to me it seems likely that this is how someone found a level 1 t-map on a lich, reported it to Stratics, and once it was on the Stratics table it was pretty much gospel in most people's eyes.

Additionally, liches spawn on level 4 t-map chests. They are definitely considered a high-level monster by the programmers of UO, so it seems unlikely they'd drop level 1 t-maps.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I agree it's very odd that they'd do that. I'm not sure how it was in era, as I didn't have a t-hunter back then, and couldn't care less, but I know for a fact that here it is random.

Liches are notable looters. They will loot something from the nearest corpse literally seconds after spawning. It could very well be the case that for some reason they looted a lvl 3 (or a lvl 1), and thus the myth started. The level difference is also quite odd. Why lvl 1 or lvl 3, why not something closer like lvl 2 or lvl 3; or lvl 1 or lvl 2? or ramdom between the thre lvl's?

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

So then what about daemons and ice fiends and stuff? Are they all a random drop or are there any monsters that for certain only drop a certain level? I miss the peacd system but understandable if its not era accurate or w/e.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

No, other drops are pretty cut and dry according to the table listed by Jill. I think only Liches have this difference.

Return to “New Player Help”