A reflection on ones passed and present.

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

A reflection on ones passed and present.

Post by SirEricKain »

*tossing, turning, dripping in sweat as though struck with fever*

Ten years ago a city was destroyed. Not far from the bloody scene that unfolded that night...I hid. I was barely a man then. But after that night, my world had changed. I watched as Shadowmire was overrun by walking corpses, skeletons, ghouls and other hellish fiends. They killed without mercy, and behind them all a Lich. Dupre and the others had managed to save a handful, but they had not been able to save the city. And on my knees in the filth of the swamp I made an oath. That one day I would return to this place and make whole, what was broken in me that day... *wakes up, bed soaked in sweat*

That from the ruins of which was once great will rise to be so again. So that future generations could think back and remember the hardships and triumphant accomplishments that are sown into the history of these lands.

And as I stood here this day...ten years after the fall, gazing on what had risen from the ashes of my memories. I felt peace. The rubble had been swept away and merchants set up shop.

The market! Filled with people, livestock, and children just as I remembered from long ago! The progress we had made was stunning! Along with Lord Eddard Vahanian and Sir Rellik our system of feudalism took root, and the people flocked from all corners of Sosaria.

Never had I imagined what would become of my beloved city and of myself. But we must never forget those that have fallen to make the rise of Shadowmire once again possible! Thus some of the ruins still remain and have become apart of us.

And so I Sir Eric Kain, King of Shadowmire, Welcome you to join me here in the safety of my newborn Kingdom.

Long live Shadowmire!

*{Written by Eddard Vahanian in collaboration with Sir Eric Kain}*
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Pirul

Re: A reflection on ones passed and present.

Post by Pirul »

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Sir Erik Kain, Lord Eddard and Sir Rellik for their comendable work rebuilding Shadowmire. You gentlement are truly and inspiration for us all.

The Company of the Vigilant will most definitely be present in this grandiose opening!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Shoklar Fareese

Post by Shoklar Fareese »

Very nice. 5/5
Shoklar Fareese The Movie Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5toubOe-Z8k

lily_lily_stay

Post by lily_lily_stay »

I visited Shadowmire the other day. Great looking player made town on a nice location. Nice decor on the smalls near the top.. mage shop and blacksmiths was it? :)

Eddard

Post by Eddard »

Mage shop, Blacksmith, and Shipwright! And we appreciate all the kind words said, a lot of time and effort has gone into the rebuilding of Shadowmire. Hope you all enjoy your stay!
Eddard Vahanian
High Constable of Shadowmire

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Much more to come! hopefully we'll ring in the new year with a finished project!
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Fixed that for you.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Cute, however cA provides no land or legal protection to the public... only childish antics that amuse mostly themselves, along and any other individual with a sadistic nature.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

SirEricKain wrote:Cute, however cA provides no land or legal protection to the public... only childish antics that amuse mostly themselves, along and any other individual with a sadistic nature.
Hah! Lies and slander. Guard your ears Citizens, this silver tongued swamp lizard spins lies as easily as a tailor does wool to yarn!

chumbucket's Home for Wayward Newbies has been in service off and on for most of the history of this land. It has changed venues many a time, and occasionally exists only on request in the form of a cA member putting a small house down for new players (which I have personally done a good number of times). If that's not providing land in a noble way, I don't know what is. It is also done mainly in the manner of "teach a man to fish" vs "give a man a fish." We don't merely give valuables away and send peasants on their way--we teach them to procure goods and defend themselves from the true criminals and tyrants of this land. Although, we do give valuables away quite often--most of our personal wealth that buys us our nobility is recirculated into events and community building.

Or how about this lovely interview in our very own official Britannian newsletter--as sponsored by UOH!

Clark Kent: It seems many have a negative opinion about your crew, my interactions with many of them has been nothing but cordial--what say you to the pejorative air that hangs about the acronym "cA"? What does your crew really aim to achieve here in Sosaria?
chumbucket: We aim to spread joy and good times.
chumbucket: Not only do we take your loot, but we give back to the community.
chumbucket: We have resist sessions.
chumbucket: We give away gold.
chumbucket: We hold events.
chumbucket: You might remember Matron de Winter's famous Bingo game?

Upholding the law? Might I remind you some of our many many legal justice campaigns that we have sponsored and upheld:

The Department of Sheep Husbandry -- Permit Office and Enforcement Committee(your own graph even depicts this!)
The Department of Exotic Animal Sales -- Permit Office and Enforcement Committee
The Department of Homeland Security -- Home Security consultation and installation
Misc. Justicars for Hire

Never you mind our great acts of philanthropy involving multitudes of events, lesser known legal permit underwriting, and we've even helped curb some players of their issues with greed and pixel addiction!

The Daily Planet will not stand for this slanderous tone. I bid you good day, Citizen.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

There is a difference between peasants and serfs, and towns often operated outside the feudal system. What you have posted here is a sort of manorial/township hybrid....

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Last edited by Mad Max on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mad Max wrote:Matron what did you do with Panthor!?
I'm slowly replacing him.

Brymstone

Post by Brymstone »

We keep hearing about you guys but I have yet to see anybody from this guild. I have even swung by shadowmire, still nobody. So are you guys running or just posting in the hopes more people will jump on board?

Downs

Post by Downs »

I personally liked shadowmire. They have my respect for being the only town that tore down most of their add ons when they went on hiatus. even had a great event to go with it!

good luck on your rebuild!

p.s. who is brymstone? you've obviously been on the shard for a while, just curious.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Eddard

Post by Eddard »

We are around. It's the holidays so you have to be patient. People have jobs, family's, etc. Almost always someone on all hours of the day. Most of us are on EST time don't know if maybe that is why you aren't seeing anyone.
Eddard Vahanian
High Constable of Shadowmire