Change isnt always a bad thing..

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do you support this post?

yes
40%
no
56%
not sure
4%

Total votes: 52

Cyrex

Change isnt always a bad thing..

Post by Cyrex »

[color=#0000FF]Why are you so strongly for "Era Accuracy"... How about we move forward for a more logical way of doing things.. lets balance pvp .. lets end this stupid 250 horse tile movement ordeal or come up with something more up to date.. what made sense 12 years ago isn't always going to make sense 12 years later... your probably saying to yourself "everyone here likes it the way it is" ...sure, I don't really know and I cant speak for everyone (do you think everyone likes pvping as a mage?)... i have a warrior.. hes gm anatomy/tactics/fencing with a vanq spear in hand.. it takes him 5 or more hits to kill a skeleton..something is wrong..i cant explain that.. im frustrated just thinking about it.. Things have to be changed... i hope you don't go to sleep at night thinking this shard is perfect...[/color]

I know your trying, im not trying to bash anyone ..

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Change isnt always a bad thing..

Post by Arkon »

Understand what you're saying, but it's not the mission of the shard. Most people want era accuracy, regardless. There are a few things in T2A I didn't like and were changed later for the better, but I know myself and others want the things we didn't like here simply because it helps re-create that T2A experience.

We all signed up for it when we created accounts here, including you.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Populus

Post by Populus »

We don't want Derrick to change his goal. It's his goal, we have no input in it.

If you want to create a "sort-of 1997 t2a" shard, go ahead. We'll stay here and support Derrick all the way.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Cyrex

Post by Cyrex »

What difference does it make on how we use the moongate? if anything it causes stress because Ive used it while glitching going from yew to brit 10 times in a row.. why would you let that happen, why wouldnt you change that? (makes no sense)

this whole mount getting tired issues is driving this IDOC hunter insane!!!!!!... you say you do it for realism ok cool ya your right horses IRL get tired..BUT horses IRL dont get instantly refreshed....that needs to be adjusted... atleast give us more distance before our horse shuts down..15 screens isnt enough...

Cyrex

Post by Cyrex »

I'm sorry I didn't know this was only derricks "fantasy world".... without us his world wouldn't exist.. sorry to be blunt.. i invest enough time into his "world" to have say in the matter.. am I wrong?
I think I've stated enough times that I'm for this shard and I'm only trying to be proactive..

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Cyrex wrote:you say you do it for realism ok cool ya your right horses IRL get tired..BUT horses IRL dont get instantly refreshed.
Who said anything about realism? I don't think anyone associates UO with reality.. Well, maybe a few but that's another topic.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Cyrex

Post by Cyrex »

lol Arkon, I was reading a forum about it.. people were glad they implemented it.. because horses never getting tired didnt seem right to them.. (horses getting tired = realism,I thought that would be the only reason to implement it)...I'm curious to know why it was brought into the game if it wasnt for realism...

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

rage...

also the moongate wasn't glitching. Thats how it works.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

NEA
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

DESSPIIITEEE ALL MAH RAGGGEE

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Cyrex wrote:i cant explain that.. im frustrated just thinking about it.. Things have to be changed... i hope you don't go to sleep at night thinking this shard is perfect...

I know your trying, im not trying to bash anyone ..
There are plenty of shards out there that will do your warrior more justice.. or have horses behave in the fashion you wish. not sure why you are trying to change the course of this shard specifically. the shard sticks to one goal and that is that. this shard is the most "set in its ways" that i have ever seen and those that are here take comfort in that. people want old T2A? they come here for it.. and T2A it will stay. things dont have to change.. and no one said the shard is perfect.. what is perfect to one person is not to another.. just roll with it man.. your efforts are futile.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There is nothing wrong with not liking Second Age, you should enjoy the playstyle you enjoy, there are plenty of options. Many more people play EA's UO than freeshards, and I suspect it's because they like Elves and Gargoyles, there's nothing wrong with that. What you suggest simply is not what UOSA is, whether any of us like the mechanics or not has no effective bearing.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

but i want gargoyle wings... :(
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sandro wrote:but i want gargoyle wings... :(
i guess my point is, you can have these things and more, just not here.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

lettuce

Post by lettuce »

whats the time frame this server is set to by that i mean like aug 99 to dec 99 just wondering