Bug associated with stealing and murder counts?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Bug associated with stealing and murder counts?

Post by Arkon »

REPORTED ISSUE: I was under the impression that stealing constitutes an aggressive act and if you steal from someone, turn grey, they attack you and YOU kill THEM then you would possibly receive a murder count. I was out killing stuff, a thief comes by and steals from me and flags grey immediately so I attack. Unfortunately I got the bug where you can't move in a certain direction and ended up dying to the thief + monsters in the area. The thief definitely contributed to my death directly (paralyzes/explosions/ebolts) yet I was unable to give him a murder count. I don't know if time means anything (used to be something about 2 mins.. I can't remember) but I'm almost positive the fight lasted less than 2 mins. I would say 1 - 1.5 mins.

ISSUE DETAILS: Unable to give thief murder count after being stolen from then immediately dying.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Covetous.

STEPS TO RECREATE: See above.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Should be able to give murder count (unless I'm mistaken)

DATE REPORTED: Nov 3, 2010

DATE STATUS CHANGED:
Last edited by Derrick on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Investigating
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Bug associated with stealing and murder counts?

Post by Kelektra »

That is all correct and you will not be able to give a murder count
He turned grey to you
But since you attacked him first he has the ability of defend himself
If he kills you, you will not able to give murder count
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Ahh ok, I thought at one point it was considered along the same lines as just outright attacking someone. Instead of the thief being the "defender" I thought the thief was considered the "aggressor" just as when PK'ing.

Good to know, thanks.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Actually Arkon, my understanding was similar to yours. Don't give up on this yet.

Also, regarding the bug... set a hotkey to "synchronize client", and hit that when you get stuck. You'll likely warp a tile sideways and you'll be able to move as normal.

I would say 50% of "getting stuck" issues are due to having the non-5.0.8.3 client (and thus, having different maps on your client than the server itself), 49% are due to losing synch between your client and server, and 1% are something else.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Okay so my memory might be slightly off. What i said is how i remembered it from the old days but since i dont have a thief i odnt know 100%. Maybe i am remembering the 2minute rule... because even though you would be blue again to everyone if that certain person you stole off of sees you , he knows he can attempt to kill you and not get a murder count.

This is what i found on the wiki under the Stealing Skill:

IMPORTANT: Do not fight back against a player that highlights blue to you. If you kill such a player, you will get a murder count and be removed from the Thieves' Guild for a week. Only fight those that appear gray to you. If you find yourself attacked by a person that highlights blue, run away. Come back after two minutes and, if the player attacks you again, you will now be able to defend yourself with lethal force. Do note that you will not auto-defend against an attacking player that highlights blue, so you need only use a little care to avoid getting murder counts.

In short, maybe there is a bug.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Kelektra wrote:IMPORTANT: Do not fight back against a player that highlights blue to you. If you kill such a player, you will get a murder count and be removed from the Thieves' Guild for a week. Only fight those that appear gray to you. If you find yourself attacked by a person that highlights blue, run away. Come back after two minutes and, if the player attacks you again, you will now be able to defend yourself with lethal force. Do note that you will not auto-defend against an attacking player that highlights blue, so you need only use a little care to avoid getting murder counts.
This is outdated, you will auto defend against a player that appears blue to you now.

In response to the OP, it does sound like you should have been able to give a murder count if exactly what you wrote happened.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Right, that's how I remember it being back on OSI, and how I thought I remembered it here. I have 2 thieves I play regularly and I was always under impression of:

A steals from B.
A flags grey, B attacks A.
A kills B, B can report A for murder count.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

this sounds like UOR, i remember being able to steal during t2a hoping they would attack me.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

son wrote:this sounds like UOR, i remember being able to steal during t2a hoping they would attack me.
although playing a thief was almost at the bottom of my list, this is how i remember it as well

i thought that was the entire point of having a 'dex-thief'
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

son wrote:this sounds like UOR, i remember being able to steal during t2a hoping they would attack me.
I didn't play my thief the short time after UO:R was released I actually played. I do remember having a thief capable of fighting simply hoping that someone would attack me in town after checking my perma status. I remember it as you're not supposed to fight back against someone you just stole from, but anyone else who attacks you (whether you're visibly grey or perma grey but appear blue) was fine.

I just stumbled across this thread here also: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2424&view=next

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”