Blue Pker

Topics related to Second Age
hksaga

Blue Pker

Post by hksaga »

Ok, i am not complaining there are too many pker in this server even indeed this is. I understood that PVP is part of the game so i am not complaning this.

What I want to say is the problem of Blue Pker. Those blue retards always killed me in dungon and then only be grey for a while. Then I'll see them walk in town with saying hi to the guard. I was told that u will be permantly red after 5 report of bounty hunt but personally i think the system should be tightened. Maybe 3 counts then permanently red. Red is ok but killing by blue i guess its not the case. They just ruin the game i'll say.

Dagon

Re: Blue Pker

Post by Dagon »

except 3 is not era accurate.

and its not 5 murder counts or bounties that make you perma red, its 5 ping pongs back and forth between blue->red->blue->red, etc. so not many people will actually ever be perma red, because most pks are just pks, they dont macro off to being blue again.

hksaga

Post by hksaga »

so they have a long time to turn to permanently red, i hope it could be tighten!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

There are a ton of blue PKs on this shard. Take a look at the P/C or WL guilds; almost all of them have like 50 murders. It takes 40 hours per murder to avoid becoming a red. Since most of them seem too afraid to do so, you at least know if they killed you it'll be a couple days until they can kill anyone else. It's easy to just leave your character logged in overnight or while at work to burn the murder counts off.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

hksaga wrote:Ok, i am not complaining there are too many pker in this server even indeed this is. I understood that PVP is part of the game so i am not complaning this.

What I want to say is the problem of Blue Pker. Those blue retards always killed me in dungon and then only be grey for a while. Then I'll see them walk in town with saying hi to the guard. I was told that u will be permantly red after 5 report of bounty hunt but personally i think the system should be tightened. Maybe 3 counts then permanently red. Red is ok but killing by blue i guess its not the case. They just ruin the game i'll say.
NEA, wait for Trammel to be implemented if you want stuff like this
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

when is ping-pong'ing being implemented? i havent heard anything about it in a while...

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Already on. I think it's been on for a couple of months now.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Except noone is dumb enough to go blue->red->blue 5 times unless they're actually trying.

It's easy enough to stay blue just by checking MyUOSA for your current kill counts.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

nightshark wrote:Except noone is dumb enough to go blue->red->blue 5 times unless they're actually trying.

It's easy enough to stay blue just by checking MyUOSA for your current kill counts.

kabal is perma lol

Sissypants

Post by Sissypants »

Well, if you ever see the character "Vhyx" in game- you can rest assured that I most certainly will not PK you. It's not possible for several reasons :P

I dealt with more blue PK's on Great Lakes than red ones. Being red and being freely attackable, only available bank/town being Bucc's which was a zoo etc. is something I don't think most players could handle. I trusted no blue player that I didn't know.

I don't trust anyone I don't know here either. I just assume that everyone has ulterior motives and should be treated with caution. If you think about it there is an advantage to being a blue pk. People won't recall at the sight of you. You can bide your time, act friendly, and then strike at a super opportune time when your mark has their guard down. (this is until you get figured out....)

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Just run away from everybody like I do. Most players would rather wait for you to die so they can loot you, instead of helping you if you're ever in trouble. And they never say anything or respond to you when asking for help. 50% of the time if I'm walking around the wilderness and I see a blue player, they will run away. The other half will kill you. Granted I've only seen maybe 10 people not in houses while running around the world but those 50% who kill you are usually extremely rude and think killing a naked player means they should talk shit while and after they kill you.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Don't trust anyone! They'll just break your heart!

Blakheart

Post by Blakheart »

expect that...its no way true second age. Care bear pks...never seen anything but on this server. Kill at will...zero penalty. The reason for trammel. Seeing it coming all over again here or dead shard

Fass

Post by Fass »

I am deeply against Trammel, but I agree that it's too easy to PK. I've been PK'ed two times inside Delucia when I was AFK. They only stole bandages from me. Obviously I was not worth a kill, but since the penalties are minimal, they don't care, they just kill. I know people should take precautions in town (some people even macro-spam "guards" so they can be afk) but it's a silly reason to flood the chat if we could fix it by making PK's think twice before targeting someone. I agree with all the "Second Age" accuracy but I also agree when players show us that time has passed and players have a whole new opportunity for griefing and breaking "old rules". The most obvious one is the possibility to have 3 accounts running at the same time on any PC, and being able to macro skills. It's easy to have lots of characters to play and kill when you are worried about going perma red with your other char. This is not era accurate either, so, making small rule changes or making it easier for them to stay red or go perma red may balance it out. Just remember that in 1999 people had 1 account, couldn't macro legally, some had dial up connections and couldn't stay all day playing or macroing. It took some time to GM a character so it would be terrible to waste your play time by killing people mindlessly and facing penalties.

TheScoundrelRico

Post by TheScoundrelRico »

Why must people always be concerned with how others choose to play? If you do not wish to be a pk, don't player kill. If you don't wish to be a thief, don't steal. If you want to play a blue bank sitter, have at it. We all make choices on how we play, it's our call. If you wish someone would stop killing you...figure out how to avoid being killed. It's the beauty of the game, but at the same time, ever since the first person was pk'd, there has been a bunch of people with a problem with it, especially those who die well...la