The Second Annual International Hemperor Day - Wed, Oct 27th

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Second Annual International Hemperor Day - Wed, Oct 27th

Post by chumbucket »

That's right. It's back. A day dedicated to remember the life, struggles, and triumphs of that Canadian who proudly exemplifies what it is to be a Canadian: hemperor! The fourth Wednesday of every October is none other than:

International Hemperor Day

Image Image Image

I will personally hold two events, but I strongly encourage you to hold your own events!

Event 1 - Hemperor Everywhere!

This event is an all day event. If I find you dressed up like hemperor, I will give you a large gold reward. I will be going to random places unannounced searching for those dressed in the national outfit of Canada: red bandanna, red surcoat, white dress shirt, and red leather thigh boots. Don't cover it up in armor. Let us see your Canadian pride!(Otherwise, dress how you like.) I will frequent higher traffic areas as well as a few low traffics throughout the day, so just get dressed up and go about your normal UO business.

Event 2 - You Can't Handle the Truth!

I will select a special location in which to have this event later in the day, most likely at 10pm EST. Gates will be sent to WBB at the selected time from the selected location. The event will be simple. Each participant will be asked to stand before others and, in the style of hemperor, recount a bizarre conspiracy theory. Theories will be judged on three grounds:

1. Paranoia - Masons have spiked our drinking water with caffeine so that we'll type just a little faster so they can have a bigger pool of efficient typists from which to hire their next secretary.

2. Unfalsifiability - That's just what they want you to believe!

3. Style! - I recommend you go so far as to set up a razor macro to tell your story at a readable but not obnoxiously slow pace!

The winner and a runner up, decided by me and perhaps some special guest judges, will each be awarded a large gold prize plus perhaps some fancy rares!

Event 3 - Pin the Tail on the Hemperor! (ran by Blackfoot)
BlackFoot wrote:Archery contest!

This event will be taking place on Wednesday October 27th at 5:15 PM EST.
Thats right.. it will be taking place on International Hemperor Day.

What does this mean?

Only participants dressed in traditional IHD clothing will be able to participate.
(Clothing will be provided)

During this contest the only things a player can use are player crafted regular bows and arrows.
They will be provided for you but you can bring your own.

Archers will be set into 1v1 heats, elimination style.
The first archer to kill their target wins the heat. (Targets will be provided from the local prison, dressed in IHD clothing)

The contest will go until there is only one archer remaining, and zero prisoners of course.

There is no entry fee.

Prizes - TBA

Once again we will be accepting any donations players have as prizes for this event.
Send me a pm in irc or on the forums
Event 4 - KING OF GY!
Zong wrote:This Event will be held on the gm made docks. If you don't know where it is, you probably wont do well in this event. PM me and i can show you.

October 27th. Wednesday. Be the only person standing on the dock visible and alive for 12 seconds after 7pm eastern and win a small house deed.

This event is now a part of IHD. If you win and are dressed as Hemporer you win double the prize. (2 house deeds)

Winning area is on the actual docks past the entrance stairs.

I will be ressing in the nearby tower and vendors will be there to help you get back onto the docks and in action.

If someone would like to run a vendor there during the event, please let me know. I am mainly looking for a blacksmith.
Last edited by chumbucket on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Downs

Re: The Second Annual International Hemperor Day - Wed 27th

Post by Downs »

chumbucket wrote: Event 2 - You Can't Handle the Truth!

I will select a special location in which to have this event later in the day, most likely at 10pm EST. Gates will be sent to WBB at the selected time from the selected location. The event will be simple. Each participant will be asked to stand before others and, in the style of hemperor, recount a bizarre conspiracy theory. Theories will be judged on three grounds:

1. Paranoia - Masons have spiked our drinking water with caffeine so that we'll type just a little faster so they can have a bigger pool of efficient typists from which to hire their next secretary.

2. Unfalsifiability - That's just what they want you to believe!

3. Style! - I recommend you go so far as to set up a razor macro to tell your story at a readable but not obnoxiously slow pace!

The winner and a runner up, decided by me and perhaps some special guest judges, will each be awarded a large gold prize plus perhaps some fancy rares!

This is going to be amazing
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

As a poor bard, I would just like to say that I accepting donations for the prize funds!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Also, if you plan to conduct an event for IHD, please let me know and I'll post it up here for promotional purposes!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Elaborate scheme to cover up that you killed alatar and play as Sandro!

The Real Hemperor

Post by The Real Hemperor »

I endorse this event.
Hemperor
Grizzly Adams
Kid Cannon
an energy vortex

<Syntax_TW> civilian casualty? i'm supposed to care?
america ftw ^

AlexCCCP

Re: The Second Annual International Hemperor Day - Wed, Oct

Post by AlexCCCP »

AH HEM! Hemperor does not exemplify Canadians, some of us actually have a brain.
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Ignore Alex, he knows not what he says
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

UPDATE!

The current roster of judges for You Can't Handle the Truth includes me, Freeza, and none other than Judge Nevermore himself! I may accept one or two more judges if they are willing to pony up some prizes! (I'm nearly broke!)

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

UPDATE - Rules for the You Can't Handle the Truth Event

I will be keeping a tight lid on malcontents. Breaking the rules will result in a quick ban.

The contest: Tell your own hemperor-esque conspiracy theory. They will be judged by our panel of experts: myself, Panthor, and none other than Judge Nevermore himself! The winner will receive 100k and a trophy! Second place will receive 50k!

Contestants will be judged on three grounds: Paranoia, Unfalsifiability, and Style. You have two minutes maximum in which to tell your story (subject to change due to turnout).

The Rules:

1. Every contestant must wear a surcoat. There are surcoats in the red boxes along the left and right sides of the Canadian flag.

2. The top part of the Canadian flag is for the current contestant only. Spectators and other contestants must remain at the bottom of the Canadian flag. You will be banned if you move to the top part of the flag and it is not your turn.

3. If I tell you to do something, do it immediately and without question. You will be banned if you do not.

4. While it is OK to interject from the audience, do not spam repeatedly. You will be banned without warning for this.

5. If you are banned, then you are disqualified even if you have already had your turn.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

First place was BobDobbs with 32 out of 40 points. Second place was Eric with 27 out of 40 points! Thanks to all the contestants! Documentation of this, and of all of the Second Annual Hemperor Day, will go up over the next few days!

A special thanks goes out to the judges: Panthor, Matron De Winter, and Nevermore. Also to Blackfoot and Zong for their events! Silverfoot for loaning me a place to hold the last event.

A very special thanks to none other than that virile young Canadian, hero to the masses, righter of wrongs, lover of women: hemperor.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

The event was a lot of fun. Thanks to chum, Matron, Panthor and Nevermore for their efforts.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Can we get a recap of the top stories?

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Mikel123 wrote:Can we get a recap of the top stories?
Patience!

Return to “Player Run Events”