Losing Conn & Website down for 15 mins

Seth001
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Losing Conn & Website down for 15 mins

Post by Seth001 »

Hello,

Some of the other players and I have been having some issues with the client and the website. This started for me ever since the odd server crash yesterday in the evening. I can play sometimes for 1 hour or a little more then I lose connection and I tried closing the client out completely (razor as well) and tried getting back in. Nothing happens, it acts like the server is down. I tried rebooting and still nothing. After about 15 mins or so I can sign back on as if nothing ever happened. Now an odd part about this story is when I lose conn in UO I also have no access to the website "www.uosecondage.com or even the wiki portion. I can still use IRC as if nothing happened. I checked other websites when this happens and everything else works fine. If you can look into this and if you need any more information please PM me and I will help however I can. Also if any other players are having this issue and you notice something else I did not mention please feel free to explain your side of the issue.

Thank you.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Losing Conn & Website down for 15 mins

Post by Rammar »

Sounds like a routing or DNS issue.

The UOSA, wiki, and web servers all follow the same route path. The test server does not (test.uosecondage.com), so if that fails as well (assuming its up), its more than likely a DNS problem. If it works and the others don't, however, its more than likely a routing issue (try running "tracert login.uosecondage.com", etc.).

If DNS is the problem, you can use the IP directly to get around the issue (64.34.183.167 in place of login.uosecondage.com). Might want to power cycle your router and/or try a different DNS server.

Seth001
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Seth001 »

Rammar wrote:Sounds like a routing or DNS issue.

The UOSA, wiki, and web servers all follow the same route path. The test server does not (test.uosecondage.com), so if that fails as well (assuming its up), its more than likely a DNS problem. If it works and the others don't, however, its more than likely a routing issue (try running "tracert login.uosecondage.com", etc.).

If DNS is the problem, you can use the IP directly to get around the issue (64.34.183.167 in place of login.uosecondage.com). Might want to power cycle your router and/or try a different DNS server.
It's just strange cause I never had this issue before and I've been playing here for roughly 3 months. I also have no changed any configurations or hardware on my end. However I will check it out.

Thank you.

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

By router, he also means it could be a router located somewhere between you and the T2A servers that's down or having problems, not your home router. If that's the case, it's nothing you have any control over or can do anything about other than wait until the router is up again. Running the tracert as Seth001 said would show a hop that completely times out if that were the issue.

Edit: errr, I meant as Rammar said to run the tracert... I just looked at the wrong name on the quoted text like a dufus!
Last edited by Ripplinger on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seth001
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Seth001 »

Ripplinger wrote:By router, he also means it could be a router located somewhere between you and the T2A servers that's down or having problems, not your home router. If that's the case, it's nothing you have any control over or can do anything about other than wait until the router is up again. Running the tracert as Seth001 said would show a hop that completely times out if that were the issue.

Yeah I'm wondering if that was actually the issue cause I have no had it happen again at all today. I've been on since 4pm eastern time and no down time or similar problems as yesterday.

Cause what happened to me yesterday happened 5-6 times :(

So false issues it seems. Thank you for all your input and help on the matter. I do appreciate the help.