people able to write down in books locked down

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Minoar

people able to write down in books locked down

Post by Minoar »

I noticed that books I have locked down in my house people are able to write in them I don't think this is normal is it?

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: people able to write down in books locked down

Post by dren »

I don't think so, especially non friends with a locked down item.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

hmm not sure about this one. I remember vendors having books locked down for players to write down item orders and such. Also houses having guest books that players would write in in random.

lettuce

Post by lettuce »

yea so its awesome u know u can also loot locked down chest as well

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

i thought it was different for certain books (ie. purple/red) and some allowed you to edit them while locked down whereas others didn't?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

marmalade wrote:i thought it was different for certain books (ie. purple/red) and some allowed you to edit them while locked down whereas others didn't?
Interesting. If true this would resolve the inconsistant reports I've heard on this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

I heard today that you aren't supposed to write in the dark brown books.

The way I personally remember things is that you need a book in your pack to write in it.

They did do some changes on books throughout the T2A era, both in the library otherwise. If someone could dig up some info about book changes specific to our era that would be great.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

haize

Post by haize »

lettuce wrote:yea so its awesome u know u can also loot locked down chest as well
you need to read the info on houses..locked down chests can not be taken, however the items inside are NOT locked down, can not be locked down..and thus are not safe...this is what secure chests are for..also why people block areas of their houses off..i would link you to the related post but i dont have it handy and i already informed you anyways...happy trails :)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think it's more likely that all books fit the scope of normal items, being usable while locked down. I remember books being used as a sort of "guestbook" and "order-form", but that is about it. The only books I recall being non-recordable, were the npc books, and a few created by GM's and players for events. In those books though, nobody could write regardless of locked-down status. As novel of an idea as read-only locked down books would be, I am more inclined to believe that if you left a locked-down book somewhere during T2A, you could expect it to be filled with curse-words or ascii-penes when you returned.