Revealing in Castles

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Revealing in Castles

Post by Mikel123 »

Normally I'd post this in the bugs forum, but I'm not sure it's a bug.

It turns out you cannot reveal people in a castle if they're well offscreen from you. I was in one corner of the castle and used Detect Hidden with a co-owner, and was not able to reveal a couple other co-owners in the opposite corner. When I moved closer, it worked, but it appears there is some limit to distance with the 100%-reveal-in-your-home feature.

Sandro

Re: Revealing in Castles

Post by Sandro »

This is good to know before I place my castle..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sandro wrote:This is good to know before I place my castle..
This is good to know before I block your castle..

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Well you couldn't block it if you didn't know I was placing!
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Mikel123 wrote:Normally I'd post this in the bugs forum, but I'm not sure it's a bug.

It turns out you cannot reveal people in a castle if they're well offscreen from you. I was in one corner of the castle and used Detect Hidden with a co-owner, and was not able to reveal a couple other co-owners in the opposite corner. When I moved closer, it worked, but it appears there is some limit to distance with the 100%-reveal-in-your-home feature.
What if you detect in the middle portion of your castle, does it get the whole thing?
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger