Report any bugs you discover on the server here
dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

bookcases and in town chests

Post by dren »

you can no longer place books on bookshelves, or put items in chests in town

i'm sure you used to be able to store stuff in these areas in 1999
only catch was once you put a book on a bookshelf you couldn't take it off again

i do remember putting items in town chests on this server, and being able to take items out of town chests

i also do see player written books on the bookshelves so i know that something has changed server side to prevent this now. this isn't era accurate so it must be a bug
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Derrick

Re: bookcases and in town chests

Post by Derrick »

dren wrote:you can no longer place books on bookshelves, or put items in chests in town

i'm sure you used to be able to store stuff in these areas in 1999
only catch was once you put a book on a bookshelf you couldn't take it off again

i do remember putting items in town chests on this server, and being able to take items out of town chests

i also do see player written books on the bookshelves so i know that something has changed server side to prevent this now. this isn't era accurate so it must be a bug
Aye, we haven't been able to get this implemented properly yet. You should be able to use these containers, and items within should decay. It's on the list. Thanks :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Thanks as always Derrick. I hope the books in the Library won't decay. :)
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

dren wrote:Thanks as always Derrick. I hope the books in the Library won't decay. :)
I'm not sure myself on this one. They may decay and respawn. I know there was a system in place on OSI in which player made books placed in bookshelves would be dupicated, but we don't have the complete mechanics on how this worked.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Books on library shelves in OSI did not decay. Once a book was taken it would eventually respawn but it would take some time for it to respawn.

I think it is era accurate that books in the library had to be stolen. I believe it was not till the later part of T2A (or after completely) that you were able take them with you. I am not close to 100% on this... Considering this is not the easiest thing to dig up information about I would appreciate other peoples input on this subject.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Yeah I remember editing a book on a bookshelf when I first logged into UO, and a few days later I rechecked it and there were replies in it
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE