Krrios/PlayUO Client

modesthaus

Krrios/PlayUO Client

Post by modesthaus »

I do not know much of this client. I know they use it over at UOGamers and what not and that some people call it the "Cheat Client". I'm wondering if it's blocked here? I saw someone else post this similar question but there wasn't really a definitive answer. If it really does allow you to "cheat" then I'm not interested in it but the reason that I am interested in it is for the high frame rate and the high screen resolution. My montiors native resolution is 1920x1080 so I can't really play the game within reason at that setting. I have to bump my screen resolution down to 1280x720 just to be playable. Basically, I tried to login with the client and it worked once for like a second and then it logged out and everytime I try after that it just stalls at the "Verifying Account" section of the login and then says "Connection Lost" or something like that. Any insight on this subject would be great! Thanks!

http://www.runuo.com/forums/playuo-krrios-client/
http://www.runuo.com/forums/playuo-krri ... layuo.html
http://www.runuo.com/forums/playuo-krri ... tures.html

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Krrios/PlayUO Client

Post by Rammar »

http://www.uosecondage.com/Rules
Non-EA/OSI Clients are not allowed.
Seems pretty definitive to me.

You can use Razor to expand the window (see "Force Game Size"). Might want to do a search on it.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

basically has razor built into it and i believe plugins can be scripted for it. it might aswell be a cheat client.

modesthaus

Post by modesthaus »

I don't mean to sound rude but already knew that I would get these types of responses.

This is the post that I was questioning:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2036&start=0

Derrick: "We haven't set a rule Officially on the use of third party clients. The problem we have with third party utilities is the automation they potentially provide; You may only automate with Razor."

This WAS however posted in 2008 so I'm sure that the rules have changed since then. It's just unfortunate that the clients good features (ie. High Frame Rate and High Resolution) are buried under the negative connotation of "Cheat Client". As I stated before, I've never used the Krrios/PlayUO Client and I don't "need" it.

I'm very well aware of the "Force Game Size" option via Razor but that still doesn't fix the problem of having to dumb down your resolution just to play the game without having to squint your eyes the whole time. The OSI client wasn't made for modern high resolutions. It was made to be played at 800x600 game window (4:3), but who would want to do that on a monitor that has a native resolution of 1920x1080 (16:9)?

If there was some sort of fix for the OSI client so it would support high resolutions and that when you do force it in higher resolution you wouldn't get black "lag spots" all over the place. Also, am I the only one that doesn't enjoy that the OSI client moves frame by frame like its a flip animation?

Someone just needs to make a client like PlayUO but without all the "Cheat Options" included. It's not a matter of graphics or sprites, just the resolution and frame rate. That's all I care about. The only reason I was interested in the PlayUO client.

modesthaus

Post by modesthaus »

Btw, as I said... I'm not trying to be mean or an asshole. I was just saying I wish there was a newer (technology wise) usable client. I now know via the rules that it's a moot point. :)

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

personally, i like osi's client. i don't have to play on a massive monitor though and my 800x600 playscreen takes up about 3/4 of my desktop. nothing much you can do i'm afraid.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

playuo has a client version of 4.0.8b or something like that so you're out of luck anyways.. would get booted here. need 5.0.0+ to connect.

modesthaus

Post by modesthaus »

Yeah I read something about that and noticed the client version at the bottom. I figured that had something to do with it.

I did however play with the client on UOGamers: Hybrid via Sallos... and I have to say I understand now why it's considered a cheat client by some. I still have to say that the graphic handling is pretty damn good though. :\ It's unfortunate that they don't have a version that comes without all that other bullshit. Some of the "features" are cool but I can see how it would be totally unfair (ie PlayUO vs Razor).

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

its no substitute for player skill, but it does give quite a few advantages.