Pet commands

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Dashiva

Pet commands

Post by Dashiva »

A small difference...
I used to use my pet commands via 'whisper' instead of say. It would keep the spam down for other players since they could'nt see what I said (unless close), and the pet would obey me as if I had 'said' it.

On this shard, it's how you would think it would be: they can't hear me give them commands beyond one tile.
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Derrick

Re: Pet commands

Post by Derrick »

Do you remember what the whisper range used to be?

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

Derrick wrote:Do you remember what the whisper range used to be?
The range they would respond to it, i'm really not sure. I always just treated it the same as 'say'.

Of course, there probably isn't any documentation about it. Most tamers didn't have a clue how we did it, and I doubt OSI even knew about the bug.

One other small thing: I just hit 83 on a tamer I started. I was able to tame a double tamed bull at 83.0 when it's supposed to be 83.1. I know it's very knitpicky, but perhaps they arn't all accurate.
There was one other thing taming related, but I just can't recall it right now.
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

Oh yes, I remember now. I know there was a change in Julyish where you'd get a message when you have no chance of taming somthing...

Well here's how it works now:

If i'm at 50 and I try to tame a bull, it says right away "You've no chance of taming this animal". Great.

if i'm 75 and a bull has been pre-tamed once (requiring 77.1 skill) it will let me start taming it, but won't give me the "You've no chance..." rhetoric until after the whole taming process. I seem to recall this always telling me right away, regardless if it was pre-tamed or not.
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dashiva wrote:Oh yes, I remember now. I know there was a change in Julyish where you'd get a message when you have no chance of taming somthing...

Well here's how it works now:

If i'm at 50 and I try to tame a bull, it says right away "You've no chance of taming this animal". Great.

if i'm 75 and a bull has been pre-tamed once (requiring 77.1 skill) it will let me start taming it, but won't give me the "You've no chance..." rhetoric until after the whole taming process. I seem to recall this always telling me right away, regardless if it was pre-tamed or not.
Aye, I was aware of this quirk but left it in, if you get it at the end it means that you do meet the minimum tame requirement for the creature, but because of having been pretamed you still can't tame it. I can change this for consistency if that'd be preferred.

Once on the things about the taming requirement is that they are somewhat based on the creatures skills. While the absolute minimum tamin requirement is fixed, the actual difficulty is what comes into play on pretames, and this can vary based on their stats and skills.

alatar

Post by alatar »

whisper was actually quite common for pet commands, especially in tamer/faction pvp..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Currently on UOSA the whisper range is one tile. I'm not exactly following the discussion here well. If you whisper and you are within one tile your pet will hear you. Is it being suggested that the range is too short? If so, can anyone give a theory as to what the range was? Or are you saying that your pet would hear the command no matter how far away he was, or within regular speech/yell rage?

alatar

Post by alatar »

Derrick wrote:Or are you saying that your pet would hear the command no matter how far away he was, or within regular speech/yell rage?
^^ at the time during T2A i beleive the whisper command was only active for other player mobiles, not monsters and pets..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

Ala is right, pets and hirelings would hear me give commands via whisper within a screen radius, as if I said it normally.

It's almost as if whisper only worked for players, but NPCs could hear it just fine (as regular 'say' text). I never used yell, so I can't comment on the range of it.
Dashiva from Napa Valley

alatar

Post by alatar »

i believe all chat options only applied to player mobiles.. could be wrong though
#1 PK Guild on T2A

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”