New website with screenshots

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

New website with screenshots

Post by Mikel123 »

Related to our resources?
http://www.andrea.net/uo/general/screen ... en05.shtml

This screenshot is dated "fall 1999" on this person's website.

Other things to note from her stories... sea serpents have no loot besides one single fishsteak you can carve :-)

On deeds and house placement:
http://www.andrea.net/uo/general/screen ... en06.shtml

It looks like that was placed without any sort of stacking of items, z-axis modifiers, etc. Also note the deed price (they seemed to fluctuate, if I remember correctly. However, not sure we should implement this, as the new best possible way to make money would simply be for rich folks to buy out the smalls at one broker and sell them all to another that was paying more. Easy 100k almost immediately. I don't know why people in 1999 couldn't do this, but there had to be something stopping them.

Holy. Freaking. Spawn.
http://www.andrea.net/uo/general/screen ... en09.shtml

No spawn on this island?
http://www.andrea.net/uo/general/screen ... en11.shtml

Um...
http://www.andrea.net/uo/general/screen ... en13.shtml
http://www.andrea.net/uo/general/screen ... en14.shtml

PHLiNX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New website with screenshots

Post by PHLiNX »

Just on a side note: I've used that website many times. I simply liked reading the enthousiastic stories and getting inspired by designs and outfits.

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Yeah, the house deed prices were not the same from vendor to vendor....though this was the same of many items. I do NOT want to see this implemented, though, as it is pretty much the opposite of a gold sink and we all know how healthy that is for a shard...
Special Projects Minion.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

some of those are 2000

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Yes, the last two are jan/feb 2000, and I included them mostly for humor purposes. I won't let it happen again!!!!!!!!

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

TBH IF the House deeds are accurate, they NEED to be implemented in. As we've debated a thousand times, T2A doesn't pick and choose which things it would or would not like, it simply must HAVE them, to be accurate. So if it is indeed accurate, it SHOULD in fact go in.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I would file this under a gamebreaking bug. You can't have the ability to recall around to different architects and buy/sell deeds at 2k profit each, to the tune of 60 deeds at a time. My guess is that it wasn't possible to do this in 1999; there had to be some way to curb this, as even back then, there were plenty of people with the capital to do that. But I don't recall hearing about it happening.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

If that is a "game breaking bug" then every other "bug" a.k.a "change" can be described exactly as that. Cutting Band-Aids 1 at a time was "game breaking" for some people, PvP Changes, One Second Delay, Perma Red, the list goes on =/

There are plenty of "bugs" that went on during T2A to make large sums of cash that were never really discovered by the general public and made aware of I'm sure, Just because the majority of us played the game during the era, doesn't mean we knew everything =/

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sorry, I forgot why I had you on Ignore but just remembered.

If you want to call bandages "game-breaking", go for it. I think most people here can differentiate between a bug that lets you make 120k in 5 minutes in the safety of town, and a "bug" that makes you cut bandages one at a time. If you can't differentiate between them, that's unfortunate.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Faust wrote:I remember hearing from friends that still played about people making huge profits with this exploit long after quitting when UOR was published.

This bit of information that was found relatively quick suggests that it may have been true.
Todd Bailey - http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.computer.ultima.online/browse_thread/thread/e29aca7d94a9fe6d/c50880372b530789?lnk=gst&q=house+deed+sell+exploit#c50880372b530789 wrote:
Ice wrote: And you can allways sell them back to get what you paid for them. :-)
Not any more. You take a 10% (I think its 10%) loss now when you
sell a deed back.
NPC Shopkeeper Price Changes / Real Estate Broker Changes Jun 13 2001 10:33AM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_340.html wrote: We have published an update to all shards to be active following their next scheduled maintenance period. This publish addresses NPC shopkeeper inventory pricing issues and the way house deeds will be bought from and sold to vendors.

These changes include:
  • estate brokers will now buy house deeds back at 20% below the base price of the deed, or the original price paid when the deed was purchased from a vendor (whichever is lower).
  • shopkeepers will no longer inflate the prices of their inventory when their stock begins to run low, and prices of items will be consistent on all shopkeepers.
Don't really see Derrick implementing such a bug into the server though. This is pretty much no different than dupe bugs and they have already been opted out of for era accuracy.
Also, gamebreaking based on my understanding are related issues such as duping(economy killers), crashes, or anything else that can damage the server. Cutting bandages once at a time does not harm the server in any shape or form. One may argue that more bandwidth gets used but it's still not harming the server.
Last edited by Faust on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

More like 20. I bought a castle deed last night to have a go with an IDOC castle.
Lost my perfect placing record, and got 692 back from 860 buying price.
Wow - castle deeds for 860k?

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Mikel123 wrote:Sorry, I forgot why I had you on Ignore but just remembered.

If you want to call bandages "game-breaking", go for it. I think most people here can differentiate between a bug that lets you make 120k in 5 minutes in the safety of town, and a "bug" that makes you cut bandages one at a time. If you can't differentiate between them, that's unfortunate.
My, Aren't we the childish type? Clearly no one here is allowed an opinion but your own. I just do not see the difference in such, UO's economy is already easy to exploit, and it's something I've never cared for, If I recall correctly, People always describe "Double Hits" as a bug, which in a sense, make PvP "exploitable", yet it's allowed, why favor.. one aspect of gameplay as to the other :)?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Duping exploits, and yes this would fall into that category, is extremely harmful to the server. Gold is a form of consumption used to obtain items. Creating more items means more server storage, load times, more money out of Derrick's wallet, and lag. Reproducing a game mechanic exploit that takes next to no effort to dupe gold is game breaking.

How hard do you think it would be to set up a rotating script to each real estate broker to macro the buying and selling of these deeds?

Gold would be worthless in just one day.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Of course you could not sell house deeds for more than you paid for them.

It's my understanding that house deeds were stamped with the amount that was paid for them, as house deed prices rose which happened at least once in era to my recollection, the old deeds were worth less than the new deeds. Additionally, i believe it was mid to late era before you could even sell house deeds back.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

:) Thats all that really needs to be said then I suppose