Recommended client, is a newer one more viable?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Recommended client, is a newer one more viable?

Post by son »

Using the recommended client I have to deal with the targetting lifebars issue http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22498

As well as a limit on lifebars that can be pulled.

Would using a newer one fix this issue? Why do we use the recommended client in the 1st place?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Dagon

Re: Recommended client, is a newer one more viable?

Post by Dagon »

son wrote:Why do we use the recommended client in the 1st place?
to make your life suck even more. hows them telephones?

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

The UOSA client(on website) runs smoother than other versions IMO.

Make sure you uncheck "Use Smart CPU usage reduction" on razor:

I explain on my thread here: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13814

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

One of the other advantages to the recommended client is that it has the right map too; but although I'm hesitant to state it in this thread because I don't want to get into how to do this, you can copy the 5.0.8.3 maps into a later client to solve that problem.

If you use post 6.x maps you will get stuck in some areas, especially Tera Keep, Hythloth, and the mountains near Minoc.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Psilo wrote:The UOSA client(on website) runs smoother than other versions IMO.
yea this advantage is kind've nullified by owning something newer than a pentium though

i would be interested in knowing how to copy the map over so i can upgrade my client...
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:One of the other advantages to the recommended client is that it has the right map too; but although I'm hesitant to state it in this thread because I don't want to get into how to do this, you can copy the 5.0.8.3 maps into a later client to solve that problem.

If you use post 6.x maps you will get stuck in some areas, especially Tera Keep, Hythloth, and the mountains near Minoc.
I tried the above a while back, and it did not work well for me. Probably did something wrong, but just saying... as far as I could tell, it's not as easy as just pasting a file or two in.

I'll add Despise to the list of places you'll get stuck. And the area in the middle of the Hedge Maze is an absolute nightmare if you're using a different map.

I've recently been advised to UNcheck "Smart Last Target", and that's done wonders for my targeting abilities.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

whos to say these issues are not still present in a newer client? has anyone checked?

if Derrick says its possible to use the current maps in a newer client, then it's possible, i wouldn't do it for felix though. but if the issues still persist then there's no point anyways. also, what other potential problems might come up..