New thief build

Moderator: Support Moderators

Delaran

New thief build

Post by Delaran »

Hi,

I just want feedback on this build and what I could do to make it better.

GM Hiding
GM Stealth
GM Snooping
GM Stealing
GM Mace Fighting
GM Tactics
GM Parry

I am tempted to either drop Parry entirely or cap both Parry and Tactics at 50 to pick up another GM. I don't intend on playing as a character that can tank (I have a friend who can do that), but more as a damage dealer while they have the monster's attention. Also, I'm not going to give up any thieving skills.

Thanks for any input.

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New thief build

Post by wgensel »

Drop hiding/stealth/parry, take anat/healing/magic resist. Or make a build more dedicated to running away. Just go to the wiki and look at the stealing skill, it has two templates.

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

drop parry, GM resist if you are planning on going out of town.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

It's tough to get in combat skills if you intend on using hiding and stealth with the two thief skills. My recommendation is magery, resist, and wrestling as your other 3.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

you've tried to combine a stealth thief and a dexxer thief. you won't make a very good dexxer if you cant heal yourself, and if you're stealthing, your dexxer skills become pretty useless since you wont have a mount.

if you're going to be playing against other players that template wont work very well at all because of the lack of defensive skills. the fact is, while you're utilizing hiding/stealth, you wont be able to use macing/tactics. likewise, while you're using macing/tactics (mounted), your 200 skillpoints in hiding/stealth become useless.

if you plan on using it for pvm/pve its a different story, but i would still consider some defensive skills other than parry (ideally healing/anat, magery, wrestling if you have magery or magic resist). all depends on how you want to play the character.

Return to “New Player Help”