IDOC fun

Topics related to Second Age
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

IDOC fun

Post by Mikel123 »

Since it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it to these, there's a couple IDOCs worth checking out. Click on URLs for full screenshots.

First is this one North of the Justice shrine and island. A locked down magic halberd, 60,000 gold pieces in one stack locked down, etc. Tons and tons of stuff:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7080/justiceidoc.jpg

The second is a smaller haul, but still worthwhile. It's located on Horseshoe Island. Thousands of each reagent and a bunch of treasure chests:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2186 ... oeidoc.jpg

There's a few (three) clowns "guarding" each of them, moreso the first one. Their intelligence is... underwhelming. So I don't think they'd prove too much resistance to a couple of people working together.

checkmate

Re: IDOC fun

Post by checkmate »

Mikel123 wrote: Since it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it to these, there's a couple IDOCs worth checking out.
"Since it doesn't look like I can make these I am going to ruin it for people who have been patiently waiting for it, whereas if I could make them I wouldn't tell anyone."

FTFY

I've been waiting for like 7 hours and suddenly a ton of people showed up. I was wondering why. Thanks for nothing.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

I lol'd. Poor Checkmate. ;)
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

There were three people waiting.

One of them had a horse named "a f@ggot".

A second one called a female character that stopped by a "cum guzzler" and said something about making a bowel movement in her mouth, I was a little confused about the entire procedure.

And the third one was repeatedly calling someone "nigg@"

Which one were you, and why on earth should I give a crap about how long you were waiting?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

And for what it's worth, no one is ENTITLED to an IDOC. Props to you for finding it, but guess what? I found it too. You act like I stole something from you.

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

I wasn't any of them FYI.

"Since it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it to these, there's a couple IDOCs worth checking out."

You're basically saying "since I cannot make these I'm going to tell other people" and this sentence implies "If I could have made it I wouldn't tell anyone". And you're seasoned so you obviously know people will flock to IDOCs which further suggests you posted it because:

1. I'm not going to make it so,
2. Since I can't make it I might as well make it harder for other people

Now if you wrote "Found some IDOCs, check them out!" I wouldn't have taken offense.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Then you weren't there for 7 hours. Because I had a ghost and a tracker there, so I'm aware of everyone who was there.
checkmate wrote:2. Since I can't make it I might as well make it harder for other people
I think I made it easier for other people, actually.
Last edited by Mikel123 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

Mikel123 wrote: I think I made it easier for other people, actually.
I was there buddy. Your "ghost tracker" is broken.

Right. You made it easier because there was like 20 people there looting it. Yup.

Ok, bye.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

You misunderstood both parts of my post. That's pretty unfortunate.

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

Im just curious about the ghost. How can you know EVERYONE that was there because of a ghost? Isnt it possible that you were playing on your alt when he went there? How can a ghost warn someone that another player is coming?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Lucien wrote:Im just curious about the ghost. How can you know EVERYONE that was there because of a ghost? Isnt it possible that you were playing on your alt when he went there? How can a ghost warn someone that another player is coming?
Incoming names + journal will show anyone a bit over a screen who was not hidden/stealth the entire time, including other ghosts. He also said he had a tracker, which would show anyone alive, hidden or not, the radius depending on his tracking skill. He may have overlooked a name, but there's no going unobserved when using both.

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

Whoa, it seems that I am pretty unaware of the techniques haha. But what is the objective of setting a watch on an IDOC? I have to admit, I am quite new here and never attended an IDOC before...

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You are supposed to pass your IDOC locations off to friends when you log off.

If no friends are available, you SHOULD post it on the forums and ruin it for everyone else.

You should NEVER post the location of an IDOC you plan on camping because you hope people will show up and kill the non-statloss reds that have been killing you.

This thread seems to be well in order, great post Mikel123!

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

MatronDeWinter wrote: If no friends are available, you SHOULD post it on the forums and ruin it for everyone else.
ಠ_ಠ

Pro

Post by Pro »

another option is to pm me in irc and i can tell you why you're bad and why you deserve to be griefed by newbs.