New to game

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Forester

New to game

Post by Forester »

Hi everyone,

I just found this shard and am looking to join a guild. I played UO in the T2A era back in '99. I can't remember when i quit but it was before UOR came out.

I play a dexer and was decent on a hally mage (you know the load exp... wait then drop eb and smack with hally type guy)

Although I am more into playing an RP role, I would like to engage in some pvp

Let me know if there are some guilds out there that are recruiting. Just to warn you though I haven;t played since i quit.

Thanks,
Forester

Downs

Re: New to game

Post by Downs »

welcome to the shard! you won't be disappointed!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Populus

Post by Populus »

Welcome!

You could start out by joining PoD or NeW. Just to get the feel of UO again. Then apply to some pvp guild perhaps.

"Just to warn you though I haven;t played since i quit." < :lol:
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

yar PoD is a pvp / semi rp guild. after your char is finished feel free to hit me up. but it needs to fit a pirate temp.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Welcome to UOSA!!!

Definitely check out NEW, it's the first step in the right direction!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

Welcome to UOSA! You have made a GREAT decision joining this community.

As previously stated, there are many starter guilds available for new players. If you have any questions or concerns, there are many people here willing to take the time to answer those questions or help you understand the mechanics better. This is why UOSA is BY FAR better then any other UO shard that exists today.

Again welcome to UOSA and enjoy your experience.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Stay a while and listen!

Forester

Post by Forester »

Thank you very much everyone, it's so kind of all of you to be so warm and welcoming. This pirate guild sounds interesting, what skills would I need in order to fit in? Can i use swords?

As for joining I think I will still need to work on my skills before I start my career as a swashbuckler - yar!

But yes I am totally interested, thanks!

Cheers,
Forester

Populus

Post by Populus »

Forester wrote:Thank you very much everyone, it's so kind of all of you to be so warm and welcoming. This pirate guild sounds interesting, what skills would I need in order to fit in? Can i use swords?

As for joining I think I will still need to work on my skills before I start my career as a swashbuckler - yar!

But yes I am totally interested, thanks!

Cheers,
Forester
Talk to Kander! I'm sure he'll set you up with some macroing and items.

And if he doesn't help you out, come looking for me. I'll burn his boat and slaughter his crew.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

You need atleast archery or magery/eval then the rest of the skills can be what ever you like. I must give you a warning that this char you make will go red and probly stay red. And pop i heart u!!!

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

Kander wrote:You need atleast archery or magery/eval then the rest of the skills can be what ever you like. I must give you a warning that this char you make will go red and probly stay red. And pop i heart u!!!
Magical Pirates! :D

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Zorce wrote:
Kander wrote:You need atleast archery or magery/eval then the rest of the skills can be what ever you like. I must give you a warning that this char you make will go red and probly stay red. And pop i heart u!!!
Magical Pirates! :D

We look at magic as more of a hand cannon. Pow!

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

Welcome to UOSA Forester! I hope you find a guild to romp around with and help ya get started. If not, shoot me a PM and I'll help with anything I can. Did you play on OSI? If so, what shard? There might be some familiar people here if ya did.
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

forester now has himself a fully furnished, with various items L shape by yew courtesy of myself. I am leaving(work) and do not have time to play. Enjoy the house Forester

TC