HELP - Frenzied Ostard

Moderator: Support Moderators

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

HELP - Frenzied Ostard

Post by SirLanceAlittle »

I know that Animal Taming must be at least 77.1 to tame a Frenzied Ostard. But what is the minimum Animal Lore required to control (<name> Follow, <name> Stay, <name> Guard Me, <name> Kill) a Frenzied Ostard? Anyone know for certain?

Thanks

marmalade

Re: HELP - Frenzied Ostard

Post by marmalade »

probably round about the same level as taming.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

If you want to hunt without having to feed it constantly, I'd go with 85 taming, 100 lore. Or alternatively, 100 taming, 0 animal lore.

Chance to succeed a command is 80% Taming, 20% Lore. So every point of taming is worth 4 points of Lore.

No one really knows the formula that compares those to the chance to succeed a command though. I suspect it's a little tougher here than it was in-era to succeed a command. But I have no proof but my memory.

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

As a rough guide, you could use this site, check the "control" choice, and enter different taming and lore numbers. It won't be exact since a few of the taming requirements are slightly different now than it was in T2A, but it will give you an idea of what is required.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

That site is definitely incorrect. Dragons, for example, were not to my knowledge 99% chance to control at GM/GM, unless the happiness factor is a much bigger deal in the calculation than I thought.

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

I believe happiness is a huge factor in their response. I have GM in both Taming and Lore and the only time I fail a command to anything, dragons included, is when the pets drop from "wonderfully happy". Then I'll quickly start getting ignored commands even with the GM/GM. I just assumed the calculations were based on the pet being at wonderfully happy.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Ripplinger wrote:I believe happiness is a huge factor in their response. I have GM in both Taming and Lore and the only time I fail a command to anything, dragons included, is when the pets drop from "wonderfully happy". Then I'll quickly start getting ignored commands even with the GM/GM. I just assumed the calculations were based on the pet being at wonderfully happy.
Lies.

If you never fail a command, how does a dragon drop below "wonderfully happy"?

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Eventually they get hungry when you have them fighting mobs which drops their happiness.

If I just have a pet following me around which doesn't requires only the one command of "follow me", they stay at wonderfully happy for a long time. When I have them start attacking things, which they do on first command of kill target, after the fight they usually have dropped a level and need to be fed to get back to wonderfully happy. I don't think failing commands is why they drop happiness.

At least that's always been my experience with how it seems to work to me. Unless I've been stupidly lucky with commands, but with that much consistency seems unlikely.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Weird... in that guide, a gorilla needs the same skill as rabbits to tame... more easy than cats or chickens... it seems out of proportion.
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Return to “New Player Help”