champion spawn

Topics related to Second Age
BMOORE1974

champion spawn

Post by BMOORE1974 »

Is the champion spawn in effect? Will we get the title goes along with the champion if we kill them?

XaN

Re: champion spawn

Post by XaN »

I am unsure whether it was in the era or not... pretty sure it wasn't, but I could be mistaken.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

BMOORE1974

Post by BMOORE1974 »

I wonder if derrick has some insight on this... I cant see how allowing the champion spawn would take away from UO T2a , even if it was put in afterwards it goes along with the first concept of UO not the added on " lets try to please everyone " extras as i like to call them.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Champ spawns were years after t2a.

Although Derrick may choose at some time to put one in as a special event I wouldnt bet the house on it being a permanent thing.

Champ spawns are about the only thing I miss about OSI,although with t2a rules and the number of people we have ehre Im not sure if we could actually complete any of them except the Barracoon.

Milford Cubicle
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Milford Cubicle »

I think adding champ spawns, with maybe a few +1 point trophies after defeating the champ, would be something fun and would give pkers, pvmers, and others to have something to do.

Would be fun, just no powerscrolls.

BMOORE1974

Post by BMOORE1974 »

So how do we go about getting derrick to consider this ?
should someone come up with a full plan a present it to derrick or just suggest it in a specified board?

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Ya that would be really cool if these were in effect. I love T2A era but one thing it lacked was note nough variety in killing monsters. Atm nothing is a challenge to kill.

Purge

Post by Purge »

Keep this stuff to events, this shard is built off its t2a accuracy, not a 2nd hybrid

oliVeR

Post by oliVeR »

POWER SCROLLS.....LOLOL. gay.

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Ya it will never happen but maybe try posting this in suggestions and as an event for like a half hour or so champ spawns will be turned on or something along that line. Or an event where everyone teams to kill one real hard monster.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

We might be able to have a champion spawn as a special event some time, without power scrolls of course. If we do it would only be era accurate monsters and there would need to be a very good showing in order to complete it as they are quite hard.

Imp

Post by Imp »

Imo

1) it should be a pre-announced server event, in a fixed time, with expected full length of 2-3 hours
2) high-level spawn creatures and the boss should be immune to summons
3) overall progress from stage to stage should be much slower, than OSI's, to prevent a small group from making it fast and alone

Or change rules a little, make it in one large enough off-map areas (where events run).
Like 2-4 teams should compete with each other for a boss kill.
Magic weapons allowed, supplies get used, corpses of players and monsters can be looted.

Add NPC banker in resurrection room, people can join at any time, before boss actually spawned.
Event may have a time limit then (time expired - no boss).

This should keep the land in "t2a accurate" state, but make us some fun.

BMOORE1974

Post by BMOORE1974 »

those are all good ideals but how do we go about getting it consider? power scrolls are way out of the question for sure... DUH they would screw up everything... i'm not as well informed as most others of this era, as i only played for about a year and that was on and off between deployments in the army but i can say with conviction that yes this the best era to play in but its lacking..... like someone said earlier, nothing is that challenging enough :( putting it in an event type of format would be geared to the players that are on all the time and would leave out the players that play more socialy.... if thats how it would be ran it would not help the server at all.... champ spawns would help ppl to adapt there play style which would give them some confidence and maybe start some real guild wars instead of sitting around the bank and talking sh*t...... but if you have it just as an event no youger players well every be there just the few ppl that have worked there char's into 7x's gm and there select few friends, just to get the trophies ..... like the way the events are now :( i say put the champion spawns in if only for the title we would get if we killed the champ.... it would be great to try to round up ppl at the bank to go hunt the champs... :twisted:

Chriswithatemper
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chriswithatemper »

Wow, I was thinking about champ spawns just yesterday, yea. they were a good time.. just no powerscrolls.

T2A is pretty barren.. and theres alot of areas where the spawn really is useless..

The titles were pretty neat. they added a lil bit of something different into the game.. i remember i had "Enemy of the forest lord" on my tamer.. damn didnt i hate lord oaks.. he was so gay. winged sissy

Champ spawns DEFINATLY werent second age.. that was post 2000 and after tram was introduced.

Imp

Post by Imp »

Random champion spawn in form of FFA event in an off-map space,
event which is pvm and pvp as well,
with limited looting, auto-ress and access to bank box - why not?

Give a 10/20 points reward to those who did maximum/second maximum damage,
it may become a nice scheduled server event.