How can I GM swordmanship?

Moderator: Support Moderators

rverdelli

How can I GM swordmanship?

Post by rverdelli »

Is hiring a paladin the best way to GM swordmanship?
I have a character who can heal me while my mage hits the hireling.
How much should it take to reach 90?

Sandro

Re: How can I GM swordmanship?

Post by Sandro »

The method you described will take you from 0-100 swords.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

JimmyTheDriver

Post by JimmyTheDriver »

Personally, I would hire a Fighter if you are just starting out.

You will gain faster from 25 (trained of a dummy or purchased) on a Fighter over a Pally. The Fighter will gain skill with you, allowing you to GM swords off of them.

I started with a fighter from 25 a few days ago, and was able to GM swords in a day. Just make sure to rehire them every once in a while.

To get them to stop swinging when you initially attack... cast invis on yourself. The "all stop" command no longer works.

-Jimmy

rverdelli

Post by rverdelli »

JimmyTheDriver wrote:Personally, I would hire a Fighter if you are just starting out.

You will gain faster from 25 (trained of a dummy or purchased) on a Fighter over a Pally. The Fighter will gain skill with you, allowing you to GM swords off of them.

I started with a fighter from 25 a few days ago, and was able to GM swords in a day. Just make sure to rehire them every once in a while.

To get them to stop swinging when you initially attack... cast invis on yourself. The "all stop" command no longer works.

-Jimmy
Thank you all guys!

Yeah, I hired a fighter too, I didn't know the invisibility trick so I'm just fighting the hireling, with my healer healing me and the fighter. (:

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Alternatively, what you can do aside from the invis, is do this:

1.- Trap the NPC with boxes
2.- Say "all guard me"
3.- Go into War mode and attack the NPC
4.- Say "all follow me"
5.- Run about a screen away, and come back right beside the NPC

If he continues hitting you, run away again, this time just a bit further. If you're not hitting him, then start again from 2 and run a bit closer.

Also, check out NEW, it's a guild for new players.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Pirul, that strategy is working great for me.

Other fun thing to do: I set a "For" loop for my heals, and set it to like 150 iterations. And after the "End For", I'll set a Restock Agent to pull like 50 gp, and then drag it onto the NPC. Make sure he stays hired! (sometimes, I've heard reports of issues where you dump 5000 gold on to them and they say they're hired for some amount of time, but instead they desert you soon after. Seems if you go a little at a time, that doesn't happen (could just be that those folks didn't understand that 1 UO "day" = 1/24th of 1 "real" day, I'm not sure).

Return to “New Player Help”