please tell me why this won't work

Moderator: Support Moderators

Shaco

please tell me why this won't work

Post by Shaco »

fencing tactics anatomy healing
magery evalint resist
100 str 80 dex 45 int

can you please break down why will this suck at PK? why will it fail miserably in events, and even trying order/chaos will be futile?
just the idea of using magery/evalint to open with explo/eb before arming DP short spear and pretending to be a dexxer is dumb as hell, right?
flamestrike when they're trying to cure poison... that's retarded right?

all i ever wanted was to have the damage of dexxer and mage tank combined, and also have resist/healing, and have no weaknesses and only be completely deadly.

is that hopeless?

Elwinn Dudd

Re: please tell me why this won't work

Post by Elwinn Dudd »

It's viable in my opinion.. The only drawback is that you will have no wrestling, so any time you are casting you will be very vulnerable. Other than that I don't see any problem with it.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

80 dex is not ideal for a dexxer. :P

Particularly for a PK, when you know that 90% of the people you will hunt will try to recall within sight of you (and you won't be as prone to disrupt them).

I think a mix of dexxer-tank is ending up with the wrong end of the stick on both, since you loose the speed which is the dexxer's advantage, and the hard hitting power of a hally + 55 mana for casting deadly blows which are the tank's advantages.

But hey, more power for you if you try it!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

If anything, you should be prepping the ebolt as a finisher. Opening with it doesn't make much sense, as you cannot follow through with enough damage fast enough for it to kill someone. A mage can, against someone unprepared, because their ebolts hit for 12-24 every time. Your spear only hits half the time.

I'd also go with 40 INT, as best case all you're going to cast is one Flamestrike, or one explosion and one ebolt.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Right... tactically, I'd prep an ebolt and run in and attack someone. If they try to recall, unleash the ebolt and then continue as a dexer. I'd probably go with 25 INT, too. Or maybe 26 for an ebolt and a quick harm for a second recall attempt.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Also, I'd add that I have absolutely no clue as to how that template would perform in tournaments, as that is not my forte, I only do field...and if you do go the PK way, we'll be hunting you. :P

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mikel123 wrote:Right... tactically, I'd prep an ebolt and run in and attack someone. If they try to recall, unleash the ebolt and then continue as a dexer. I'd probably go with 25 INT, too. Or maybe 26 for an ebolt and a quick harm for a second recall attempt.
i dunno about you guys, but using any 1 sec delayed damage spells (MA, FB, EB.. etc) is hopeless for disturbing a 4th circle spell if i didnt pre-release the spell in anticipation of it being casted. it could be my ping (230 or so) but i've also heard others say it's a waste of mana to try and disturb 4th circle with a precast ebolt. by the time you've spotted the GH/recall being cast, it's too late.

technically - cast time on GH is 1.25 sec, delay on damage is 1s, you have a 0.25s window to release which isn't much when you take ping into account. avg human reaction time 0.215s so if your ping is more than 40 you've basically got no chance.

basically what im trying to say, i guess, is that ebolt is shit disturb spell and during pking you should only be relying on harms if your opponent is running around spamming recall. weapon damage = everything during pking (of course this whole problem can be solved by not pking solo - it's very difficult solo to stop someone from escaping, who wants to escape)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Elwinn Dudd

Post by Elwinn Dudd »

The speed issue could be resolved with dexterity potions as well.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

...or a bless, but you should do that regardless.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

No meditation/wrestling makes you extremely vulnerable in many situations. Wrestling is obvious, the moment you disarm you'll be taking melee hits, 100% of the time.

Using offensive spells with 40 int / 0 med gives you two 6th tier spell castings, and if you do that you have exactly 0 mana for anything else, heals or recall. Also keep in mind that anybody who would be willing to fight back is going to feeblemind you, leaving you at an effective 30 mana, which is almost useless with 100 points invested in eval.

The only chance you have with this template is to use a high-end spear, learn how to throw pots, and place an energy bolt / harm strategically. Otherwise, you'll just be giving yourself a severe disadvantage to the standard hally-tank.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Well with that ping you're essentially giving someone an extra 1/4 second... also, I thought spells were 1/4 second per circle plus a base of 1/4 second. So it should be 1/2 second that you have to disrupt.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Who feebleminds a dexer?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Mikel123 wrote:Who feebleminds a dexer?
Any smart player would make this their first spell, followed by weaken.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mikel123 wrote:Well with that ping you're essentially giving someone an extra 1/4 second... also, I thought spells were 1/4 second per circle plus a base of 1/4 second. So it should be 1/2 second that you have to disrupt.
yea so 4th = 4*0.25 + 0.25 = 1.25s

damage delay is 1s, you have 1.25-1s=0.25s to release after you see player casting, subtract your ping from that. idk the only thing i can really disturb with are debuffs or harm, unless i pre-release in anticipation of the player casting GH/recall
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Shaco

Post by Shaco »

Sandro wrote:Any smart player would make this their first spell, followed by weaken.
thank you for the appraisal.

you have helped me to understand what i am missing from a mage tank's toolkit. t2awiki says that with weapon speed 50, 100 stam has 1.5 sec/swing, 75 stam has 1.6.

the only follow up question is what am i missing from the dexer combat toolkit?