Teleporting

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Nexus

Teleporting

Post by Nexus »

We all know (at least I think we do) that teleporting is nothing like what occurs on OSI servers. For instance, being able to teleport onto brit bank roof from the double doors. Is it possible to get it to work like on OSI?

rouss

Re: Teleporting

Post by rouss »

you could teleport to roof standing in a doorway, that's how people teleported to wrong's entrance (was a hot spot for duelists).
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I think people just used doorways because it made it easy to figure out which square on the roof to set lasttarget to.

The real trick was setting your lasttarget to a square on the floor above, then standing directly under it then casting teleport and press lasttarget.

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

You didn't need to do last target. You could stand just outside so you could see the roof.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Nexus wrote:You didn't need to do last target. You could stand just outside so you could see the roof.
The RunUO method of determining LoS (line of sight) is not the same as how OSI servers determined it. I believe this is the problem and why it doesn't work the same way. I am not positive though.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

Alatar is right.

RunUO uses different code that determines line of sight from what originally was used by OSI. The original code can be extracted from the decompiled demo but don't see it happening anytime soon to be honest.

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Faust wrote:Alatar is right.

RunUO uses different code that determines line of sight from what originally was used by OSI. The original code can be extracted from the decompiled demo but don't see it happening anytime soon to be honest.
You're probably right. I had a feeling that it was in the RunUO core and would be a very difficult thing to do. Just thought I'd throw it out there though. ;)