Would like to revisit items on boats....

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Would like to revisit items on boats....

Post by Zorce »

Not long before I left to work, there was a patched launched that made items invisible to players unless boats were moving or you were on the boat. In my opinion this patch kind of killed the pirate feel for me. If players didn't set their items in the right spots they could be lifted but now you just cant see them.

Although this patch was accurate to the later part of T2A era, this patch was launched to reduce lag because everyone was on dialup at that time. Since it is now 2010, I cant see it being an issue. There was not a lag issue before the patch with boats.

I can understand houses with this property simply because the size of housing and the amount of items you can store but boats are too small to cause this problem and it might add a little more fun at sea.

This patch made boats way too secure. You cant lift what you cant see. I would like to see my loot before I peruse it lol.

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Would like to revisit items on boats....

Post by Kander »

Im with ya brother. It would bring back the good ole days of being a pirate. I wish they would redo it.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

This would also bring boat boat-libraries.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

And your comments bring me back to a comment I made before........ since everyone was on dialup back then...... Derrick should implement some bandwidth shaping software on the server so everyone has a 5kbps connection to the server at the most.. and bring back era accurate connection and lag.

However, I'm sure the patch note for the boats does not say it's intended effect is for lag, so you are speculating.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

NEA.

If boat items return to the way they were, then it would be unfair to the many other "accurate" changes that some players may not particularly care for.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

I am just saying it was in play for a long time on this server and when it was changed it took alot out of game play out at sea. players used to venture out to sea more looking for ships to loot. There was never an issue with it. The only boat issue at the time was the ram bug to get on locked ships but that issue was fixed.

The more people out at sea looking for fortune, the less afk fishers, miners, and other undesirables lol

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Zorce wrote:I am just saying it was in play for a long time on this server and when it was changed it took alot out of game play out at sea. players used to venture out to sea more looking for ships to loot. There was never an issue with it. The only boat issue at the time was the ram bug to get on locked ships but that issue was fixed.

The more people out at sea looking for fortune, the less afk fishers, miners, and other undesirables lol
Preach On Brother!!!!! We need more ppl sailing.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service