Opening and Closing house doors

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Opening and Closing house doors

Post by Mikel123 »

I don't know if this is a bug or not, or just a random occurrence. But if you're inside one of the hallways of a castle, there are certain places you can stand wherein you can open a door from the inside but you cannot reach it to close it. I assume an open door has a different x,y location than it's closed self, but just figured I'd point it out.

Reena Dae

Re: Opening and Closing house doors

Post by Reena Dae »

Unrelated to castles: I'm reasonably certain that if you click on one of a set of double doors, only that door should open. Currently, no matter where you click, both doors open. This only happened on production shards if you clicked where the doors meet.
A conversation during character creation:
Me: Do you think I should use my old character name..?
Him: I think you overestimate how famous you are. I doubt anyone remembers you anymore.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Reena Dae wrote:Unrelated to castles: I'm reasonably certain that if you click on one of a set of double doors, only that door should open. Currently, no matter where you click, both doors open. This only happened on production shards if you clicked where the doors meet.
Hmmm - I only opened one door when I noticed this odd behavior I posted above :-)

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

both doors open if they're both unlocked or if you open from the inside. opening from the outside (provided the second door is locked) should only open the unlocked side.

with regard to the OP, the door 'moves' one tile in the direction it opens, so if you're standing at max distance when you open it, you'll be too far away to close it.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

SEMI RELATED:

Monsters are opening and closing doors they can't access. For instance, if you stand on the opposite side of the wall to the balrons in Tera Keep, they will constantly close the northeastern-most door when you try to open it. They do it instantly so you can not get through it without hiding or telekinesis (or a good ping)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE