Enticing NPC's out of their shop

Moderator: Support Moderators

Captain Nurple

Enticing NPC's out of their shop

Post by Captain Nurple »

So I was bored tonight and decided to try a bit of NPC sandal-murder. I grabbed my bard and spammed enticement on a shopkeeper, but whenever I'd get her just outside the doors of her shop, she'd say "Oh, but I cannot wander too far from my shop!"

It was my understanding that in t2a era, people would use entice to get the NPC's out of town, then murder them for their sandals, etc.

So my question(s) is/are:

Is she just saying this because my enticement is too low?
Is this behavior an era inaccuracy?
Or is there another reason this is happening?

Sandro

Re: Enticing NPC's out of their shop

Post by Sandro »

I believe that breaking LoS (line of sight) will cause the NPC to lose the barding effect and he will wander back to his shop. I don't personally have a character with 100 enticement so I can't fully comment on whether or not it should work the way you described. But in theory, you should be able to entice them as far as you want as long as you "lead" them all the way.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

You can try on test very easily.

Captain Nurple

Post by Captain Nurple »

RoseRIP wrote:You can try on test very easily.
Good call, didn't even think of that. I'll test it out tonight.

Captain Nurple

Post by Captain Nurple »

So I tried this on test center and was getting the same result, even with GM entice. Once the NPC vendor gets near the door they make a comment about not being able to stray too far from their shop and I can't entice them further.

I never killed NPC's for sandals back in '99, so I can't say whether this is era-accurate or not. But multiple accounts from other threads seem to indicate that you could entice NPC's out of town to kill them.

Does anyone have experience with this who can shed some light on the subject?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

NPC's were usually killed by a handful of methods inside their own shops for their goods.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Captain Nurple

Post by Captain Nurple »

got it. thx for the reply.

barchiesi

Post by barchiesi »

Sandro wrote:NPC's were usually killed by a handful of methods inside their own shops for their goods.
How would I do that?

Return to “New Player Help”