Bandaging Bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Azaazel

Bandaging Bug

Post by Azaazel »

I've searched the forums and haven't seen this any where. Maybe I missed it but..... I've been running arounr a lot tonight fighting and such and noticed my bandages are not applying every time. I've getting 30-50 seconds on the bandage timer and nothing ever applies. This is happening about every 5th bandage or so and is a major factor in my playing my hybrid. I need bandages and I can't seem to get half of them to do anything. I really notice it when I bandage self and then go hide, or when I'm poisoned and the first bandage doesn't cure it, the second one does nothing but the timer keeps going. Any one else experiencing this? i didn't have any of these issues when i was training on my other character. I just started here, but I know the era very well and never had this issue.

Thanks,

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Bandaging Bug

Post by nightshark »

Razor has a macro called "bandage self". If you press the macro for bandage self, a timer will appear in the window regardless of whether you actually begin applying a bandage at all.

My first guess would be that you are trying to bandage yourself too quickly after an action. UOSA has an action timer of 1000ms, meaning you can perform one "double click" action every 1s. Bandageself counts as a double click action, as does
- opening your backpack
- moving/dragging an object
- opening a corpse
- opening your paperdoll
- drinking a potion
- equipping a weapon
- too many things to name.

Basically make sure it has been 1 second after your previous action, before you press bandage self. Alternatively, in razor there is an option to "Auto queue action". You need to set the value in the box to 1000ms.

Let me know if it fixes your problem.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

What nightshark described is probably what is happening. If you are looting a corpse, opening a door, or performing any action, and then immediately try to bandage yourself, the action-delay will void the action, but razor will still read the hotkey and start counting your bandage counter, even though you haven't actually applied a bandage to yourself.

Make sure it says "you begin applying bandages" in the bottom left corner to be sure your bandage has been applied.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Azaazel

Post by Azaazel »

Getting late, but will test this. I appreciate it. Never recall having this issue with Razor 3+ years ago. Thanks again.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Azaazel wrote:Getting late, but will test this. I appreciate it. Never recall having this issue with Razor 3+ years ago. Thanks again.
You wouldn't have the issue 3 years ago on UOSA or any other shard. The issue stems from the 1 second action-delay that exists here.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Sandro wrote:
Azaazel wrote:Getting late, but will test this. I appreciate it. Never recall having this issue with Razor 3+ years ago. Thanks again.
You wouldn't have the issue 3 years ago on UOSA or any other shard. The issue stems from the 1 second action-delay that exists here.
Wait, are you saying that the 1 second delay thing is unique to UOSA? Is it era accurate?
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The one second delay is accurate to well more than the T2A era, but it not implemented on most freeshards.

I'm also aware that bandaging seems to be taking longer that it should (by a second or two), and this should be fixed soon.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Azaazel

Post by Azaazel »

Derrick wrote:The one second delay is accurate to well more than the T2A era, but it not implemented on most freeshards.

I'm also aware that bandaging seems to be taking longer that it should (by a second or two), and this should be fixed soon.
Ok good deal, I noticed it is taking about 16 second with no interrupts to heal myself and 18-20 seconds for poison.

Thanks,

Faust

Post by Faust »

You can thank those gracious folks over at RunUO for developing a piece of software for shards that have relatively little control over the program with the intent of never allowing it to happen.