Greater Explosion potions

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Greater Explosion potions

Post by Mikel123 »

For us, they reveal people if they are hidden if you are next to them because they auto-swing at you when your potion damages them.

But, did they just reveal on their own back in the day?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.game ... 0cc3281e00
First, most nude thieves are weak, and are in the habit of grabbing then
hiding. A greater explosion potion thrown in the spot that you know they
are hiding will usually solve that problem :)
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.game ... 0d71cf4a2c
what stops them from casting reveal or throwing a now revealing greater
explosion?
Neither of these are from our era, they're from a bit earlier, but it's an interesting question.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Greater Explosion potions

Post by Izual »

My memory doesn't serve me so well here but I think you could tab through anything while hidden to keep from being revealed. I don't think a lot of people knew that tho so it was always easy to reveal people with tricks like that

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

GE pots didn't reveal. They only were used because they could damage the mobile even if they were hidden, and if the player refused to move they could be killed while hidden. The same reason why a smart player on the field will MS an opponent who hides instead of wasting time/mana casting reveal.

The auto-defend feature simply made it a two-for-one with GE's though because most players weren't paying enough attention or knew well enough to tab out when this occurred.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

Alatar is correct.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sandro wrote:The auto-defend feature simply made it a two-for-one with GE's though because most players weren't paying enough attention or knew well enough to tab out when this occurred.
I'm a little confused here. My experience has been that I auto-defend even if I am in Peace mode. Are you saying there is a split-second where I can somehow tab in/out to avoid autodefending? Can't say I've tried it, but I assumed such was impossible as I seem to auto-defend whether I'm in War or Peace mode.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

You can tab out and avoid being revealed by the auto-defend feature if you tab just as the damage is applied. I don't know in detail what the new patches have changed on UOSA, but yes you should be able to avoid auto-defending if you tab at the correct time.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Cool, I'll mess around with this on a couple of my characters over the next few days.