Peacemaking bugs

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Generic Player

Peacemaking bugs

Post by Generic Player »

Two bugs I've noticed with peacemaking. First, provoke something non-aggressive on to yourself, then peacemake. It will stop fighting for a second or two, then attack you again. It should just stop fighting period. Provoking random monsters/animals on each other and then peacemaking seems to work fine. I am not sure if the issue is peacemaking stuff that has been provoked onto any player, or just on to yourself.

Second, with two pets set to guard and then one told to attack the other, peacemaking just makes them do the little "I am attacking a target now" dance and continue fighting. I assume peacemaking is actually stopping the fight, but just for an instant and then they start fighting again immediately.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Peacemaking bugs

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Idk about the second one.

But the first is working as intended. If you peacemake it only clears the target at that moment, but the loop the monster uses to find potential combatants is still running and will allow it to select a new target. If you provoke 2 dragons and then peacemake, their aggressors are clear and they should not re-attack eachother, because dragons don't attack dragons. If a dragon is attacking you, and you peacemake, it should re-attack you at it's next available time.

There seems to be a sort of timed loop (much like new swing timer) for when monsters attack. Some loop faster than others, and its even possible to peacemake right before a monster attacks voiding the peacemake entirely!

Generic Player

Post by Generic Player »

I think you missed an important detail in my post, re-read it and see if you still think it is working as intended. Non-aggressive monsters shouldn't be re-acquiring players as targets after peacemaking breaks them out of combat.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I agree that animals and pets should not re-attack after peacemaking
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Ah yeah, I missed the non-agressive part.

Faust

Post by Faust »

nightshark wrote:I agree that animals and pets should not re-attack after peacemaking
Don't know if it was a fluke or what... but provocation seems to do the complete opposite when it should be doing what happens with peace here. Provoking two creatures to attack one, and than provoking one of them on the other will result in the first two creatures that were provoked to stop attacking. The non-targeted creature from the first provoke should continue fighting the one that left to fight the other creature. However, it's as if the first provocation was wiped clean after the second provoke intiated.

Generic Player

Post by Generic Player »

There are more issues with provoke as well. I provoked a wisp on to an ogre near my house. Once it finished off the ogre, the wisp came after me. And again peacemaking only stopped it for a short time and then it came after me again. Successfully provoking should not make the target aggressive to you, only failing. Also, failing to provoke should only cause the provoke target to come after you, here it also makes whatever you tried to provoke it onto come after you as well. There's also two more issues which may be more of an "era accuracy" issue than bugs. I don't think the *looks furious* emotes were around during t2a were they? And there should not be a distance check between the two provoke targets, only between each target and the bard.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:
nightshark wrote:I agree that animals and pets should not re-attack after peacemaking
Don't know if it was a fluke or what... but provocation seems to do the complete opposite when it should be doing what happens with peace here. Provoking two creatures to attack one, and than provoking one of them on the other will result in the first two creatures that were provoked to stop attacking. The non-targeted creature from the first provoke should continue fighting the one that left to fight the other creature. However, it's as if the first provocation was wiped clean after the second provoke intiated.
I play a bard quite often and haven't noticed this, unless it was broken very recently.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Generic Player

Post by Generic Player »

Same here nightshark. Just to be sure I am understanding correctly here is what I did to test:

provoke cougar on to ogre
provoke gorilla on to ogre
provoke gorillia on to cougar

Once I did those steps, the gorilla and cougar were fighting, and the ogre was still attacking the cougar.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Here is what happened... Was in Hythloth level 3 close to the entrance to the bottom of the stairs. A deamon and giant serpect attacked me and both were provoked to kill each other with the deamon getting poisoned rather quickly. A giant rat attacks me and it was provoked against the daemon. The giant serpent stopped attacking and went after me. The deamon attacked me again after the giant rat died real fast. Reprovoked them both and recalled after a few pks showed up.

Generic Player

Post by Generic Player »

Should have called this bard issues instead of just peacemaking I guess. Two more issues. First, you shouldn't need to re-target your instrument after server maintenance every day. Second, as soon as you target your provoke target, it attacks you. Before you have picked what it should attack, and before any skillcheck is done. That should not happen.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:Here is what happened... Was in Hythloth level 3 close to the entrance to the bottom of the stairs. A deamon and giant serpect attacked me and both were provoked to kill each other with the deamon getting poisoned rather quickly. A giant rat attacks me and it was provoked against the daemon. The giant serpent stopped attacking and went after me. The deamon attacked me again after the giant rat died real fast. Reprovoked them both and recalled after a few pks showed up.
I lol'd, this should be in tales of adventure

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:Here is what happened... Was in Hythloth level 3 close to the entrance to the bottom of the stairs. A deamon and giant serpect attacked me and both were provoked to kill each other with the deamon getting poisoned rather quickly. A giant rat attacks me and it was provoked against the daemon. The giant serpent stopped attacking and went after me. The deamon attacked me again after the giant rat died real fast. Reprovoked them both and recalled after a few pks showed up.
nightshark wrote: I lol'd, this should be in tales of adventure
:roll:
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

Showing the new guy the ropes. :wink:

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”