DorkLard's Problem Thread ;-)

Moderator: Support Moderators

dorklard

DorkLard's Problem Thread ;-)

Post by dorklard »

Hello

the last time ive played UO was in 2001. After Trammel and the subsequent patches spoiled the game for me, i continued to play on freeshards, but soon this all died out.
Frustrated by the fastfood MMORPGs , i googled a bit, and found this. Well... after installation and hearing this old client music (i used to turned it off back then, but it reminded me of the first days in UO on OSI when everything was new and exciting), i nearly shed a tear.

Okay, now for my questions:

- Does Armslore train STR ? I have Lore-Macrod for about an hour and STR still @ 10. Bad luck or just no connetion between A-Lore and STR ? IF the latter, whats a good way to bump STR up ?
- I vaguely remember something about Macro-Protection on OSI, so that you had to move 8 squares in order to gain the most skills. is that true here as well ?
- IS there "Precast" (like Vas Ort Flam and then equip hally , run around some mintues and release the Explo) ?

For now, my plan would be: 1. make a mule and farm stuff, meanwhile macro up a dexxer, 2. after having made 20k cash start building up pve-mage(Bard/Tamer-stuff), 3. get house, 4. build pvp mage

Rly looking forwards this all..so Great !
Last edited by dorklard on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: This is so...great (some questions inside)

Post by nightshark »

dorklard wrote:Hello

the last time ive played UO was in 2001. After Trammel and the subsequent patches spoiled the game for me, i continued to play on freeshards, but soon this all died out.
Frustrated by the fastfood MMORPGs , i googled a bit, and found this. Well... after installation and hearing this old client music (i used to turned it off back then, but it reminded me of the first days in UO on OSI when everything was new and exciting), i nearly shed a tear.

Okay, now for my questions:

- Does Armslore train STR ? I have Lore-Macrod for about an hour and STR still @ 10. Bad luck or just no connetion between A-Lore and STR ? IF the latter, whats a good way to bump STR up ?
- I vaguely remember something about Macro-Protection on OSI, so that you had to move 8 squares in order to gain the most skills. is that true here as well ?
- IS there "Precast" (like Vas Ort Flam and then equip hally , run around some mintues and release the Explo) ?

For now, my plan would be: 1. make a mule and farm stuff, meanwhile macro up a dexxer, 2. after having made 20k cash start building up pve-mage(Bard/Tamer-stuff), 3. get house, 4. build pvp mage

Rly looking forwards this all..so Great !
-Use herding for str, you will go 10-100 in no time.

-There was no anti macro code during T2A, and there is none here.

-Yes, there is precast. Spells "cancel" after 30 seconds of holding them, like on OSI.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

nightshark hit it pretty much in the head. Other skills that will give you STR in no time are lumberjacking, mining and camping. I like camping overall for all stats.

Also, be sure to check out NEW if you need any help getting to where you want to.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

Thanks for your answers. Now member of NEW and building up my characters. =)

Realy happy to have found this pearl of a shard

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

By the way, maybe someone knows about this: one thing about SkillGain makes me confused a bit: Some guides state, that the skillgain in house is nullified. This is not true - at least for combat skills - as I have figured out. However, others say skillgain in house is just LOWER than outside. Is that true ?

I REMEMBER that there were certain skills on OSI that wouldl NOT gain in houses. Is that correct or I remember just wrong ?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I think that came about after our time frame, like with the addition of power hour.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

...and I believe only hiding does not gain in a house. All the others work just the same.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Pirul wrote:...and I believe only hiding does not gain in a house. All the others work just the same.
Detect hidden doesn't gain.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Joueur Moyen wrote:
Pirul wrote:...and I believe only hiding does not gain in a house. All the others work just the same.
I was about to say the same thing, but if you have trapped chests in your house, I think it does gain.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Joueur Moyen wrote:
Ah, correct, Sir, I missed that one.
Spitfire wrote:I was about to say the same thing, but if you have trapped chests in your house, I think it does gain.
I think you cannot gain if it is the same character's house, but yes if you are inside another house.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Yeah,
-Hiding will not gain in any house, though I believe you can gain 0-10
-Detect will not gain at all in your own house, but it will gain in a house you are not friended/coowned to
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

Oki, thx. Solved so far. Problem #2: Ive just spend over 2 hours searching for a fighter/paladin or whatever NPC to hire after old one died to my crappy macro. but none there. Jhelom has no single of them, just a bunch of pointless bards in the pit. The only paladin present is alrdy hired. I also checked other cities, where I used to find always a sparring-NPC back the days on OSI, but none of them there. Neither Trinsic etc.

EDIT: Wow, i was just about toget to bed when i FINALLY found a fighter. haha, nice.
btw: I also havent seen any wandering healers yet, do they even exist ?
Last edited by dorklard on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

dorklard wrote:Oki, thx. Solved so far. Now a bigger problem: Ive just spend over 2 hours searching for a fighter/paladin or whatever NPC to hire after old one died to my crappy macro. but none there. Jhelom has no single of them, just a bunch of pointless bards in the pit. The only paladin present is alrdy hired. I also checked other cities, where I used to find always a sparring-NPC back the days on OSI, but none of them there. Neither Trinsic.

Humm...its a real pain finding one of those fighters, i think ill go sleep now, without macroing fighting skills :(

btw: I also havent seen any wandering healers yet, do they even exist ?

Wandering healers are everywhere. I've got one that spawns outside my house.

I get my pallys from Delucia. I know there's some in Britain, but I'm not sure where they are at. I'm sure someone will tell you though.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Brit has fighters/paladins in the pub just south of WBB.

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

Right. Thanks, I now found them also there. Was just used to finding them in Jhelom/Pit but there they are very few.

Oki...
So ill (ab)use this thread for my problems hehe. Here comes another one:

I just wanted to test if/how Precast works. So e.g. I cast recall (Razor auto-disarms for me), then equip Katana or Hally while target curser is active, then I click on rune. The spell then fizzles with the message "Cannot cast with stuff in hand blabla" in red letters...
So is there a way to get Razor to disarm it before releasing ? I think that was the case in UOA (Or even the client automatically did it / or cast with Weapon in hand? Dunno for sure, I sadly never had a mage in the original T2A era)

Or do i need to manually un-equip before releasing the spell ? (When casting however, Razor works fine and auto-unequips for me)

Greetings