ID on spellbooks

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

ID on spellbooks

Post by son »

When you ID a spellbook it will tell you how many scrolls are in it. But only when you use ID skill. If you later click on that book, it will simply say "a spellbook".

Is this how it occurred during OSI? Or after you ID the book, would it then always tell you how many spells are in that particular book?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Corbin

Re: ID on spellbooks

Post by Corbin »

This is the way it was for some reason.

They later changed it so you wouldn't need ID to see how many spells were in the book. It would say "a spellbook" and "# spells" under it. But this was years later.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Faust

Post by Faust »

No, the ID skill isn't suppose to tell you how many spells are in the book period. The only way you could tell a spellbook was full back then was by using that patricular skill though. However, the successful ID message would merely report a spellbook with X amount in price. A full spellbook would have a specific amount in the 3k'ish range(the actual price is documented on the '99 stratics site). I've never actually added it up but always heard rumors it was the price of the scrolls + book added together if you were to sell them to an npc. Have no idea if that was true or not though.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Faust wrote:No, the ID skill isn't suppose to tell you how many spells are in the book period. The only way you could tell a spellbook was full back then was by using that patricular skill though. However, the successful ID message would merely report a spellbook with X amount in price. A full spellbook would have a specific amount in the 3k'ish range(the actual price is documented on the '99 stratics site). I've never actually added it up but always heard rumors it was the price of the scrolls + book added together if you were to sell them to an npc. Have no idea if that was true or not though.
This. It obviously didn't work with ID wands since they don't appraise. Additionally, the appraisal accuracy varied depending on your item-id skill.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The exact method used for the skill can easily be extraced from the original OSI code.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye this has been looked at. Spellbooks on OSI are essentially a container full of scrolls, and their item id value would have been that sum + the book price (although that's not directly confirmed yet). The proper pricing, similar if not equal to Vendor Default Pricing (VDP) is a system that we have been very much looking forward to getting working properly here, and at that time will likely revisit Item ID pricing information, and fix this inaccuracy.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."