Item ID on Shopkeepers

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Nexus

Item ID on Shopkeepers

Post by Nexus »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Ulti ... 12/16/1997

My wife recently today attempted to item ID a magic item on a shopkeeper (town vendor) and she got no info on it. Kindly disregard this if the information is wrong. The above link shows that item ID (as well as arms lore) should be able to be used on shopkeeper inventory.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: Item ID on Shopkeepers

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

You, um, didn't exactly search; did you? This is still on the 1st page of this forum:

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21141

and, um, yeah it works and, as I recall, exactly as it did in-era.

If you're having trouble figuring out how to view the results, I can only say, "Ancient Chinese secret ..."

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Oversight. As I said, if I remember incorrectly or even if it was already posted just disregard this.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Not all items on shopkeepers are identifiable, only the items sold into their inventory. The regularly stocked items do not actually exist until purchased. It's understood that this works the same on OSI as here currently; not sure if this was the case in era or not as there have certainly been a lot of backend optimizations done on OSI since 1998.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."